Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hello1996 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jan 22, 2014, 03:56 PM
    Hitting head
    One night at 3 a.m I was extremely tired. I couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard I tried. I got angry and sad and wanted to knock myself out. I punched my head three times really hard and it didn't work. I ended up crying myself to sleep. I've been having more frequent headaches and sharp pains in my temples since then. Should I be worried?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 22, 2014, 04:09 PM
    You probably gave yourself a concussion. I would go to a Urgent Care or ER and get yourself checked out. You will probably be fine, but you could have done yourself injury.

Also don't do that again.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2014, 05:09 PM
    That and seek a consultation with a mental health professional. Wanting to do self harm is an indication something is seriously wrong.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 22, 2014, 05:12 PM
    I punched my head three times really hard
    Now why in the world would you want to do a silly thing like that?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 22, 2014, 05:19 PM
    I took a look at your other questions. The majority of them about illness, what could be wrong with you, and even what's wrong with friends. You seem to be obsessed with illness, or having something wrong with you and others.

Are you in therapy? If not, you really should be.

We can't diagnose, but this reeks of Munchhausens. You self harm for medical attention. Is that correct?

Only a therapist can give you a proper diagnosis, but there's very obviously something going on that's likely a mental issue.

Jan 22, 2014, 06:05 PM
    Craven: if I don't, will anything happen?
    Smoothy: mom won't let me...
    J 9: I was really tired...
    Alty: I can't go to therapy because I have trouble with trust so I talk to no one. Also, I am insulted that you would think that. I don't think that's the case.I do not self harm for medical attention... punching myself just came to mind when I couldn't sleep I felt like that was the only option o.o I know there's something wrong with me mentally buy every time I ask my doctor to check he says there doesn't look like anythings wrong with you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 22, 2014, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello1996 View Post
    Alty: I can't go to therapy because I have trouble with trust so I talk to no one. Also, I am insulted that you would think that. I don't think that's the case.I do not self harm for medical attention... punching myself just came to mind when I couldn't sleep I felt like that was the only option o.o I know there's something wrong with me mentally buy every time I ask my doctor to check he says there doesn't look like anythings wrong with you.
    What does you doctor "check" to determine that you're not mentally ill? What sort of doctor is this? A family doctor?

You can be insulted, I can only base my posts on what you write. You hit yourself in the head to get to sleep. So you either have severe issues, or you're just not very smart. So after doing this, you came here to post about it, so you could get attention. Your other questions are the same, attention seeking.

I can't diagnose, and I don't pretend to be able to. But based on what you've written, you need more help than anyone on this site can offer.
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2014, 06:18 PM
    So you talk with the school nurse about this... I find it odd your mom won't let you see someone if she knows this is happening.

Why can't you go to therapy?....you gave some of the reasons WHY other people go to therapy every day.

Jan 22, 2014, 06:32 PM
    Alty: I'm really not trying to seek attention but thanks... and it was my family doctor. I was just trying to figure out if something can happen if I don't check with the doctor to see if I got a concussion. I'm sorry that my past makes me seem like I'm seeking attention but I can't talk to people so this is the place I go to ask the questions that I can't ask others. I'm sorry for seeking attention.
    Smoothy: She doesn't know. I don't tell her... I can't.
    Expert

Jan 22, 2014, 06:33 PM
    How long ago did you punch yourself in the head? You do realize that was idiotic don't you? You can't knock yourself out.

Jan 22, 2014, 06:36 PM
    J 9: 2 weeks ago and I do. Right after I did, I regretted it. I felt and feel really stupid.
    Expert

Jan 22, 2014, 06:38 PM
    If it was two weeks ago your headaches are not caused by your momentary lack of judgment.
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2014, 06:38 PM
    Well you better find a way to tell her... you aren't 6 years old any more...with age comes responsibility and maturity....a mature person would talk to their mother.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 23, 2014, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello1996 View Post
    If you don't? Who knows? The brain is like most soft tissue in you body. It will heal as much as possible and what it can't heal it will survive with. The problem is that this is your brain, if you damage a kidney and your kidney function drops then you just need to watch what you eat and regulate it. If you damage your brain then then there is no telling what could happen. Rather you wouldn't really pick up on it.

If you're really tired then there are other options then beating yourself up. Warm milk, exercise, change of environment, change of temp, drugs (alcohol, OTC sleep aids, etc.), just to name a few. There are tonnes of suggestion on the internet. If my wife can't sleep she just asks me to talk about something science like and it usually puts her to sleep. Beating yourself up is not the solution, it is never the solution. The fact that it was actually a viable option in your mind is astounding.

You need therapy. A doctor will look at you and see everything is physically fine. You self-admit to having mental issues, you can't diagnose this via a physical inspection. Make a stink until you're taken. Talk to your guidance counsellor. Talk to your teachers. Talk to your friends. Talk to an anonymous stranger online (what you're doing here).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After hitting my head (yesterday) in a wave pool, cracking in my neck. [ 2 Answers ]

After hitting my head (yesterday) in a wave pool, I heard cracking in my neck. When I stood up, everything in the pool and sky appeared yellow. Within 5 minutes normal colors came back. Today, my neck is very sore and stiff. Since I never lost conscieousness, and I don't have insurance I'm not...

I just found out my boyfriend hitting up the strip clubs [ 14 Answers ]

We are in a long distance relationship, we just both turned 21 and he always tell me whenever he is going out with friends and yup we still communicate even if he is out. Then one time he told me that they are not going to the bar instead stay at a hotel room where his friends got it. And he just...

There is spoon head hitting game in this film [ 0 Answers ]

There is spoon head hitting game in this film,I'm looking for the name...

Sudden migraines after hitting head [ 1 Answers ]

I hit my head really hard about a week and a half ago. Ever since that day I've been getting very strong, intense migraines every single day. They are so bad that I can't hardly stand them and I cry. I never had them before. I've read online while researching this topic that I could've had a...

?Hitting lefty and hitting against lefties. [ 4 Answers ]

I have trouble htting against lefties. I am a left handed batter and I am fine against righties, but against lefties I struggle. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.?

View more questions Search