Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toney G Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2014, 04:19 PM
    1999 honda accord Car dies while driving
    The dash lights (battery, door open, brake, etc) lights come on and then the car cuts off. We have replaced the battery, the alternator, the ignition switch and the main relay fuse. Car is still doing the same thing. Any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2014, 07:39 PM
    I suspect the problem will be solved by replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil. Be sure to apply silicone heat transfer compound to the back of the new ICM. Failing ICMs often don't throw a code.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2014, 08:07 PM
    SInce a 1999 is an ODB2 car... did anyone bother to pull codes to check to see what the computer says is bad before you started spending money replacing parts?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Honda accord electrical shuts off when driving [ 42 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Honda Accord that occasionately shuts off while driving down road. First thought it just ran out of gas but running out of gas would not shut all electrical systems down. Anyone have any ideas?

1999 Honda Accord dies intermittently [ 18 Answers ]

This issue likely sound familiar... I have a 1999 Honda Accord, 4 cyl, with 98K miles. Lately it has been dying suddenly when stopped at a traffic light and also while driving on the freeway. It has been intermittent. Gave it to a trusty mechanic and he could not find an issue and was unable to...

1992 Honda Accord dies while driving [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1992 Honda Accord LX 2.2L it recently keeps. Dying on me while driving first when I got off the highway was letting off the gas and when I acclerated the rpm's would go down in stead of up and the car waould start to stall.. I pulled over put the car in park and reved the engine a few...

1997 Honda Accord LX Dies Unexpectantly While Driving [ 10 Answers ]

Problem Summary: The car unexpectantly dies within ½ - 1 mile from my house after I start it up and start driving down the road. The problem is random. It hasn’t done this since I replaced the ignition control module (ICM) on February 8th, but died twice today (February 21th). I have taken about...

95 Honda Accord dies whill driving at various speeds [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 95 Honda Accord that is stalling at various speeds and suggestions

View more questions Search