Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonymatthews Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2014, 08:32 AM
    Fan runs but freezer not working.
    My frigidaire freezer is not working an not cooling, the fan is running.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 21, 2014, 09:12 AM
    Have you checked the temperature settings? Or refrigerant levels?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2014, 07:39 AM
    Unplug it and pull off the back. Check the condenser coils. Clean with spray soap and wash off with water hose nozzle then vacuum up water with wet-vac. Make sure to clean the fan blades, too. A little dirt on the fan blades will keep it from blowing enough air. Replace back, but check front kick plate and clean it, too. Remove it and wash it off. See how it works. Unless you have had a broken line there is no reason to check your "freon" levels. That's the last thing you need to worry about. Make sure the compressor is coming on, though. If not, see if it's hot. If so, keep turned off until it cools down as dirty coils will cause it to overheat and shut down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fridgedaire upright freezer runs toomuch [ 0 Answers ]

Freezer runs too much. Is at -20. Lite on door says door ajar too warm.door is not ajar, good seal,no frost buildup. Why the discrepancy and what do I look at?

Kenmore freezer runs for 2-3 hours, shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

Bought a used kenmore upright freezer, looks good runs 3-4 hours, gets down to like -5 degrees, and then shuts off. I wait awhile plug it back in and does the same thing. Paid $75.00 for it looks great. Any ideas what it is, or is it worth getting fixed? Thanks.

AC fan not working Compresser Runs Fin [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed my A/C was not blowing - checked the compressor was running. Opened the control box and turned the power back on and pushed the blower compartment safety switch. A green led on the control board lights and I hear a relay click, but the fan does not start. I turned the system to heat...

AC fan runs slow, but switch to heat fan runs normal [ 3 Answers ]

The other morning I came into the house and noticed the ac was not working. I turned off the breaker to the unit for a few minutes. Then turned it back on. Went to the thermostat pushed it over to auto and the fan came on but ran very slow. I them turned it off. Then turn on the heat, the fan...

Inside fan runs, outside fan runs, but air is not cold [ 8 Answers ]

The inside fan runs and runs, the outside fan on the compressor runs and runs, but only hot air comes out. I sprayed the outside compressor coils with the garden hose to clean them and checked the inside filter. Is there something else I could check? Thanks

View more questions Search