Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexrr60 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2014, 04:35 PM
    DC Voltage Regulator
    What is the best type of regulator to regulate DC voltage. I need to suppress the voltage of a DC Battery Bank to 89-Volts DC or less; the Electric Motor used will not operate at 90 Volts DC or above. Basically, even if the Battery Bank charges to over 90, I just want to use 89 Volts. Thank you in advance.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2014, 05:29 PM
    DC is much harder to regulate than AC. If the battery bank is series connected, can you convert some to parallel?
    HowHardCanItBe Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2014, 07:02 PM
    For small currents it's actually very easy to regulate through a solid state device. But for large currents the price goes way up, and choices go down. You'll just need to search for one that matches your needs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Voltage regulator [ 3 Answers ]

Is the voltage regulator located "inside" the altinator of a 2000 dodge durango magnum 5.9?

Voltage regulator [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to build a voltage regulator for my fuel gauge,but not what the voltage should be to the gauge.so if anybody could tell me the specs and the parts I would need for it,I would be grateful. The gauge is on a 72 gmc pickup c1500.

Voltage regulator [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the voltage regulator on a 2000 dodge ram 1500?

Voltage regulator [ 1 Answers ]

What is the full form of LM in LM317..? LM317 is a voltage regulator.. help out.. hav a viva tomorrow.. It is a three terminal adjustabke voltage regulator... its output range is 1.2V to 57V

View more questions Search