Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    STEVEN1946 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2014, 12:59 PM
    Dryer hums, but will not turn on.
    I have a Kenmore stackable dryer model 417.81142000. I have tried both 110 and 240 volt connections. It will hum, but does not start. I removed the dryer belt, and the motor turn freely. Any suggestions?
    Kukui23 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2014, 03:25 PM
    Will the motor run without the belt on? Will the drum turn freely? IF no to either of these, there is your problem. Note: without the belt on, there may be a switch that opens contact for the motor power, so you'd have to keep that active with the belt off. Its usually activated by the belt tensioner if there is one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE dryer drum not turning- felt ring destroyed- dryer just hums when you start it? [ 2 Answers ]

GE Model DHDSR46EG6WW Serial MR701623A

Ceiling fan hums but blades do not turn [ 1 Answers ]

Ceiling fan hums but blades do not turn.I checked the switch connections and wires in the fan itself and all seem to be connected properly. Fan is a hHunter about 4 years old but not used too often

New ceiling fan hums but wont't turn [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased and installed a new ceiling fan/light. I replaced our old fan because it stopped turning. The new light works fine, but the blades won't turn. I can hear it hum and feel the vibrations in the motor. I replaced the 3 way switches in the wall and I took a volt meter and I'm getting 120V...

Outside unit's fan will not turn, it hums [ 5 Answers ]

I have had the motor checked and it was good, I had the capacitor check and he said the fan side was reading 4 just like a new one, but the condenser side was supposed to read 35, but was only reading 30, I did not know if this was a big enough drop to keep the fan from running. Is there anything...

The fan on my central ac unit hums and won't turn on [ 1 Answers ]

The fan motor gets very hot to the touch and the fan will not rotate

View more questions Search