Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Renuka Sridhara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2014, 01:20 AM
    After Root Canal Crown is necessary?
    Hello,

I have done my root canal in the month of August 2013. But I have not put the crown due to many reason and I am not using that root canal ed tooth.. It's that very important to wear a crown?

Please let me know..
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 20, 2014, 02:15 AM
    Eventually the tooth will crack off pieces, because the tooth is dead after the nerves have been killed. It's best to have the crown in place before a piece breaks off. It costs more if you wait for that. You can get what is called a temporary crown for less cost, which might last years if you don't chew on it.
    Even a crown can have future problems. I learned that the hard way - an infection got into a vertical crack under the crown, and went into my jaw and whole body, and I had severe bronchitis for 10 months. It didn't go away even with the newest antibiotics, but did go away 2 days after the tooth was removed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crown after a root canal [ 1 Answers ]

The dentist wants to use some gold proseisour 2750.50.. at xtra cost of $175.00.. is that nessarry ? Tks.. richard

I got a root canal and needed crown lengthening but got billed for a crown? [ 10 Answers ]

I went to a new dentist for a horrible tooth ache. They took a full set of X-rays which is fine but I just needed them to look at the one tooth ASAP. I was told I needed a root canal, crown lengthening, and porcelien crown. I could not afford everything at once so I did the root canal the next day...

Is a must a root canal before a crown [ 2 Answers ]

Do you always need a root canal before you have a tooth crown?

Root canal through crown [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a root canal done through a crown and now I need the hole of the top surface filled. My dentist office says I need a "core build up" which is quite expensive. Don't I simply need a filling?

Crown/root canal [ 6 Answers ]

I had a tooth ground down for a crown which then needed a root canal after the grinding. The first part of the root canal was fine. After the second visit, when filling the canals, the pain was intense and did not go away. Dentist gave me a shot of inflammatory medicine during which he hit...

View more questions Search