Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    running13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2014, 10:13 PM
    Help I want to live with my mom
    I am sick of living with my dad I'm just not happy at all... I go to therapy for self harm and depression because my dad found my cuts... my parents are divorced and I live full time with my dad and see my mom on school breaks... I have been telling my therapist that I think my depression is linked to the childhood I had with my mother... she was addicted to drugs and was an alcoholic. But went to rehab and is doing very well now.. but just tonight I was pushed over the edge into a zone where I think my depression has to do with my father... I am planning on calling my mom tomorrow and telling her about how I want her to fight for custody of me... my mom doesn't have a lot of material items to give me... she lives in a one bedroom apartment states away... and doesn't have a steady income... but god damn does she love me... I fear in court my mom would never win because my dad would look like a more suitable parent on paper (solid income, own room, great education) but yeah that's nice but I just want to be happy and I haven't been since the last time I visited my mother.. she's such a wonderful person... the best I've ever meet.. please help I just don't know what to do.. fyi I'm 14 so its not like I can wait 4 more years... thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 20, 2014, 05:43 AM
    There is little you can do. Your mom needs to file for a change in custody. Where she files depends on whether she still lives in the state where the original order was given.

At 14 the court will probably listen to your preference, but make its decision on what it deems best for you. Based on what you have said, she has an uphill task if she wants to fight it. You don't say whether you are female or not, but if you are it will help her case.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 21, 2014, 07:50 PM
    I get you miss your mom, but why is your dad the cause of you being unhappy?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2014, 07:56 PM
    I go to therapy for self harm and depression because my dad found my cuts...
    No its not because he found your cuts... its because you were cutting yourself... way different... its an action you were taking.. not him. People that do that do need to see a professional, because its not normal behaviour to hurt yourself.

What happens when you find you aren't any happier living with her as is frequently the case in case she fought for and got custody? Running from your problems doesn't make them go away. You have to face and deal with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Live With My Mom But Want To Live With My Grandparents Again . [ 9 Answers ]

How Can They Get Custody Of Me Again ?

I'm 14 and I want to live with my mom and not my dad what do I do I live in Ohio [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how old I have to be to choose what parent I want to live with in the state of Ohio

I want to live with my mom [ 5 Answers ]

I need advice on what to do I am going to be 15 this year. I have lived with my mom every other week and my dad every other week for 9 years. I don't want to do this anymore but my dad won't listen to me or my mom, he doen't care and makes me go anyway. What do I do to not have to go anymore.

How do get to live with my mom? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 14 years old and I want to live with my mother. My parents have been divorced for about 5 years. How can I live with my mother?

Live with mom- want to live with dad across country [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to...

View more questions Search