Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1250 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2014, 06:58 PM
    Can the court order a second DNA test?
    Hello, last week I received the result of my court ordered DNA test, it was 0 %. 2 days ago I received a call from child care services asking me to voluntarily do a second test because the girl is adamant that I was the father. She said if I don't agree, the lawyers will push it to court again and I will have to appear in LA. I am in San Diego. What should I do? Can the court order a second test?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 19, 2014, 07:00 AM
    Yes they can but they would have to show the first test was flawed if I am correct. I would think it takes more than an adamant female to overturn the first tests results though.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 19, 2014, 07:30 AM
    Also if the courts push the issue I would ask that the other party pays for it since the first test was negative. Normally they would have to find defect in the first test which can be any number of things.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 19, 2014, 07:57 AM
    I agree with the others. But I wanted to add that you don't have to go to LA to have the test done. I'm sure the lab can arrange to take your sample in SD. I would go back to the person at child care services and tell them you will be happy to give another sample at a San Diego location as long as there is no cost to you for the test. If you are sure you aren't the father, then another test will prove it and get her to leave you alone.

But I would give a sample only under those circumstances. Otherwise, I would ask the court to allow you to appear by telephone at a hearing to order a second test.

The fact of the matter is that a court CAN order a new test if its not satisfied that the original test was not done properly. But the petitioner would have to convince the court that there is sufficient reason to doubt the original test. And yes a criminal case is very different from a civil case. And fingerprints are different from DNA testing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I pass my ETG test if I drank two 40z beers on Friday test is on Monday [ 2 Answers ]

I had 1 and 1/2 40 oz beers ( Thurs) finished at 2am Fri. Then drank the rest of the 1/2 40oz Friday finished at 4 pm.. Will I pass my EtG on Monday at 7pm?

Will I pass an EtG test if I had 6 beers Friday night and took a drug test Monday [ 0 Answers ]

Will I pass an ETG test that was sent to a lab , if I drank 6 beers Friday night till about 12am then took the EtG test Monday at about 10pm...

I had a aic sugar test today and my test cam back high it was 6.2 do I have dieabets? [ 1 Answers ]

I have poly cystic ovary and I have been on sugar pills for high insulln levels and now I'm on blood pressure pils because my blood pressure is always high.I wanted to know if I have dieabets because my aic came back as 6.2 today I go back to dr next week when she gets back *** help me

Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate:a scalp hair test or a body hair test? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate: a scalp hair test or a body hair test. We have 2 test that were taken on the SAME day & 1 shows positive for methamphetamine and 1 shows negative. It should show negative! We are at a loss as to how a test that is so accurate has 2 different...

I'm two weeks late with my period heaps of crampin done blood test and urine test but [ 1 Answers ]

The tests were negative am I pankin too much!

View more questions Search