Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa404 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Child support NYC after 18years old
    I have full custody of my daughter and her father pays child support through the courts. My daughter turned 18 years old 2 weeks ago and does not like to follow my rules at home so she went to live with her father. She plans to attend college in sept. Do I have to pay support now that she has moved in with him? What if she fights with him in a few weeks and decides to move back with me? Should we both pay her and if so how much? We are in NYC.

Lisa404
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Ok, what does the child support agreement say about her going to college, for you to pay support he would have to file in court for custody and have the order changed,

If she is going to college the two parents should split PART of the cost and she should work and help pay for part.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support for child out of wedlock [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. ...

Child Support and Child Custody [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering If child support and child custody are the same. I have a six year old daughter and I want to see her badly but her mother is holding child support over my head. I'm not saying she shouldn't but I have given her money on many occasions and for a year consitantly. Yet she refuses to...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support after child is 18 yrs. Of age [ 5 Answers ]

If there is a court order in a divorce decree that the spouse is to pay child support until the child is 18 yrs. Old or until out of school, but the child support was never received, nor was it taken before Family and Children's services to enforce it to be done, is it possible years later (child...

2 county's want child support for same child [ 1 Answers ]

In California, can two separate counties each make Someone pay for shild support at the same time? That's a double order for the same amount for the same child.

View more questions Search