Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmcintyre5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2014, 03:46 PM
    2002 honda radio
    I have a Honda accord 2002. Radio has ErrE display. How do I clear this in order to enter the unlock code
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 19, 2014, 05:18 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...es-695119.html

You will need to go to your dealer.
    Dragonslayer Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Jan 19, 2014, 07:15 PM
    Disconnect the negative battery cable, wait 30 seconds, reconnect. Turn the ignition key to on position, attempt to turn radio on. If the radio display shows "CODE", turn the ignition to off without turning off the radio. While holding down the radio preset buttons 1 & 6, turn the key on. The display should display 2 sets of numbers, write them down. It may appear as "a1234" and then "5678u", ignore the alphabets. The eight digit numerical sequence combined is the serial number for your radio. Now you can call a local Honda dealership and they should be able to give you the radio code to help unlock this radio. To enter the radio code, when the display shows "code", simply input the numbers using the preset buttons. If "Error" is displayed, disconnect the battery and try again. If you are unable to to retrieve the radio code using the "1 & 6" method, you will have to remove the remove the radio and get the serial number from the unit itself.

Also, look inside the glove box to see if there is a sticker with the serial number on it. During PDI, Pre-Delivery Inspection the technician is supposed to attach this sticker on the inside of the glove box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2002 Honda Accord Radio Error [ 22 Answers ]

This question was asked by another user but I have the same problem: --I recently replaced my battery and immediately after that I had stereo problems. The LED on the stereo says there is an error and also my alarm light is blinking in the upper left-hand corner of the stereo. I'm not sure if...

2002 honda accord radio code [ 2 Answers ]

I want to have my 2002 honda acoord radio cade

2002 Honda Accord Radio [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter left the radio playing with the car turned off and ran down the battery. It jumped OK, took a charge and runs fine. However the radio will not operate at all, it won't even turn on. How do I get it working again?

View more questions Search