Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leesh94 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2014, 03:17 PM
    Awful gag reflex, weak stomach.
    For years now I've had an awful gag reflex, I'm 19 years old living in London, UK. Sometimes if I'm very tired I gag, even to the point I throw up. If I'm brushing my tongue that also makes me gag, thinking about gross things, smelling gross things and even looking at them! Also, my weak stomach. I can eat the same food as other people, but I'm the only one who will get ill from it, it's happened quite a few times with takeaways such as pizza with meat on, chinese food etc. In the morning I usually feel too nauseous to attempt to eat breakfast.

When I was in the dentist gettting an x-ray the thing you put in your mouth kept making me gag, even breathing only through my nose it didn't help. I don't remember having this problem as a child, it's only from the age of 13 onwards, however, my stomach has always been pretty weak.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 03:21 PM
    Have you ever talked to your doctor about this? If so, what tests did he/she run? Have they ever tested if you have a low tolerance to glutton? Acid reflux? Esophageal hernia?

Your first step is to talk to your doctor about this. There's really no way for anyone online to offer you a diagnosis, or treatment.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 03:27 PM
    Millions of years ago when we were still in Africa we would live in a tribe and probably all eat the same thing. If we were feasting upon something and someone got sick then it was an indication that what they were eating was off. So most would purge to prevent getting sick themselves. It is where the sympathy vomiting comes from. It is also isn't unusual to have a gag reflex like yours. It is inconvenient at times, but not unusual.

With your stomach, you could have a sensitivity or allergy that you don't know about. I would go to the doctor and get an allergy test, or a referral to a allgerist.

Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I override my gag reflex? [ 14 Answers ]

I seriously need help with this. It's an issue when I try to brush my teeth because I can't get the back of my tongue. I can't even let a doc check my throat without nearly hurling. It's also difficult during some intimate moments with my fiancˇ. I'd really appreciate any advice I get on the matter.

Denture gag reflex? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I just got new dentures 11/7/11. And just had the stitches removed 11/14. My mouth is healing fast even though they had to cut a lot. My question is. Yesterday I went to get stitches removed and dentures relined to fit better. It took a while to get it to the point that it wouldn't hurt me...

Bad gag reflexes and weak stomach [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I wasn't sure which topic to post this under. Since I can remember, I have ALWAYS had a weak stomach, and very sensative gag reflexes. The slightest smell will make me gag beyond belief. For example, I live in St. Louis by the Mississippi River, and when I get close to the river...

How to override gag reflex [ 22 Answers ]

How can you weaken or temporarily override your gag reflex?

Weakened gag reflex [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I have a weakened gag reflex and am having difficulty swallowing and coughing aftgerwards what is my nursing diagnosis

View more questions Search