Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    queenofkings76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2014, 08:31 PM
    What if my father just passed but need proof he is my father
    I am trying to find out how to get tested to make sure that he is my real father and what I can do to put him on my birth certificate!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2014, 09:10 PM
    Most likely you will not get to add him to your birth certificate, but you could make a claim against the estate claiming to be a child. DNA testing would have to be done.

If your father left you shares in the will, that may not be possible either
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 16, 2014, 06:12 AM
    More background would be helpful. Why do you think he is or isn't your father?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2014, 06:13 AM
    Also why is this important?

In many parts of the world... just being a child does not entitle one to a portion of an estate... particularly if a will has been drafted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father passed away [ 8 Answers ]

Hi... My dad passed away of cancer at age 40 sadly and I ended up seeing his best friend not to long ago and he asked me about certain things that I should have. When he passed away my step mother gave me a box full of a few shirts,a jacket,picture, and a wallet, and mark martin small scale...

Father recently passed with no will [ 2 Answers ]

My father recently passed and there was no will. Now my stepmother wants his remaining children to sign some form she sent to us regarding the sale of his pickup and travel trailer, we do not want to sign because we had asked her we wanted to keep these as areminder of time with our father. Do we...

Father Passed Away [ 7 Answers ]

My father passed away on the 3rd of June due to a 16 year battle with Prostate Cancer. The last year I made sure I was there at every dr. appt and chemo appt. for support for my mom as well as my dad. Now that he is gone I am with my mother about every day my dad made me promise to not leave her...

My father passed [ 2 Answers ]

My father passed left inheritance. Married 18 years. Is my spouse entitled to my inheritance?

Father passed [ 9 Answers ]

My father passed this life on Jan 2, I was with him at his passing. He went down hill quickly since Thanksgiving. At that time he could still walk across the floor, but Christmas he was confined to his bed. His passing was peaceful in his sleep. He will truly be missed.

View more questions Search