Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jan 15, 2014, 08:50 AM
    2004 Hyundai Elentra / Clutch Problems...
    I'm 3rd Party to the Problem , just trying to help shed some light on the situation at least... With this so called Polar Vortex we've been experiencing lately, it has really done a number on a friends car (2004 Hyundai Elentra).. Doesn't help to that it's not an everyday car either.. Maybe 3 times a week tops for errands.

Automatic Transmission, they said it sometimes will start in Drive to which I say could be the Neutral Switch. Now with the Frigit Temps the transmission isn't ingauging.But what has me, they were told by a mechanic to check the Resivoir beside the Brake Resivoir for the fluid level.. That is done through a Trans Dip Stick and to add fluid through same tube, Correct?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2014, 10:09 AM
    The mechanic thinks you have a manual transmission; hence, the reference to check the clutch master cylinder reservoir. You are correct, if it has an automatic transmission. Your friend should drop and clean the pan and magnet, change the filter, and refill with full synthetic ATF. Automatic transmissions, and engines, work much better in cold climates with full synthetics.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 15, 2014, 10:11 AM
    You mention it is automatic transmission but your title claims a clutch problem...then in your post you talk about a fluid reservoir that would be there if it was a manual transmission and then you talk about a dip stick.

So....clear this up...is it an automatic transmission or a manual one?
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jan 15, 2014, 11:22 AM
    @ odinn7.. It's an Automatic Transmission.. TxGreaseMonkey got it... Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I recently bought a 00 Hyundai elentra, n it randomly turns off after a stop. Why? [ 0 Answers ]

I have to keep pressing the accelerator hard after I slow down or stop or else the car will turn off on me. However I'm able to turn it back on. I do not want to invest too much money into the I'm not planning to keep it for long, it did not heat up so I don't know what's wrong with it.

Hyundai accent 2004 starting problems [ 10 Answers ]

My hyundai accent 2004 standart doesn't start. The engine crank, but there's no fire. I change the camshaft and crankshaft sensor. Also change my timing belt, my alternator, my starter, my control box and my computer. But if I pull the car with my pickup, it runs. While the engine is running, the...

2001 Hyundai Sedan clutch slipping? [ 1 Answers ]

Recently over the holidays me and my girlfriend were driving to visit family (approximately 280 miles). Once on the way up and twice on the return the engine seemed to drop the clutch. This happened only when I (or she) was stepping on the gas hard. I felt like 15 year old driving a stick! This is...

2004 hyundai sonata alarm problems - how to start without the remote [ 2 Answers ]

The remote is not working, how do I start the car?

View more questions Search