Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmyStylinson3 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2014, 02:36 PM
    Bullied Boyfriend - what do I do?
    So basically, I've been asked out by a guy in my year and I already have a boyfriend who I am happy with and we have been together for over a year now. The guy who asked me out can't accept the fact that I rejected him and he is now being nasty to my boyfriend in front of me. He's calling him a and a load of other horrid stuff. My boyfriend is quite shy and he doesn't really stand up for himself, WHAT DO I DO TO HELP HIM? And what do I do to get the guy who asked me out to stop pestering us both?

Btw I know this is really stupid and you may not understand but me and my boyfriend don't talk, we simply say hi to each other and smile, then walk away. It's always been the same. So if I'm going to try and help him, it's going to be awkward, HELLLLPPPPP PLEAASAEEEE
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 14, 2014, 03:19 PM
    How old are you? You guys have been boyfriend and girlfriend one year and you don't talk?
    If he is being bullied and won't say anything, that's on him, maybe it does not bother him. Just ignore the guy or speak to someone at your school if it is intolerable.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 14, 2014, 03:38 PM
    How can you be boyfriend and girlfriend but say no more than "hi" and then walk away.

Is this 6th grade?

You can do nothing in this situation. Anything you try to do will likely make it all worse.

Jan 18, 2014, 10:28 AM
    It's awkward when we talk.
    I have liked this guy for over a year now, he's really shy and even more shy when he's around me (he likes me back) I'm pretty shy as well and so whenever we tried to talk to each other it was really awkward. We had nothing to say and we would be standing in silence. Awkward, right? Now, we only say hi when we pass each other, (with a smile) I really want to start talking to him just like a normal friend and I don't want it to be awkward. I don't know how to approach him as he is always with his friends. When I ask my friends what to do they tell me to go up to him and ask him how his day has been and simple stuff like that, but wouldn't he be a little freaked out if I just randomly walked up to him and said that? I want to talk to him and I don't know how to ! Please help me ASAP.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 18, 2014, 10:35 AM
    Your friends advice is not bad. A conversation has to start somewhere. How old are the two of you?

Jan 18, 2014, 02:48 PM
    We're both 15, thanks for the answer :)

Jan 24, 2014, 03:27 PM
    My boyfriend is ignoring me?
    So here's my story, I've been dating this guy for almost a year now, everything was going fine until now, he's ignoring me. He walks straight by me and doesn't even smile anymore when he looks at me. He'll look at me and walk away. I have recently been asked out by another guy and I obviously rejected him as I have a boyfriend but the guy who asked me out won't stop bugging my boyfriend, telling him how much he wants sex with me (this is behind my back, a friend told me about it) I have also been hanging around one of my best friends who is a guy, would my boyfriend be jealous and is that why he's ignoring me? I have no idea! I'm so confused.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 24, 2014, 03:57 PM
    I have merged all of your relationship questions into one thread. Please do not start more threads about the same subject.

If you have more information you wish to add, please add it to this thread.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 24, 2014, 04:22 PM
    He is mad and jealous and feels neglected so he wants you to feel the same way. No telling when he will get over it, calm down, or want to talk to you.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 24, 2014, 05:29 PM
    He's your boyfriend, why don't you ask him.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2014, 05:51 PM
    Or he has allowed the bully to intimidate him, and although that might be a tough situation for him, he has shown his hand and dropped you like a hot potato. He will likely do it in many future situations of all types, too. Count it as a positive, learning experience and move on and don't turn back, ever.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 24, 2014, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyStylinson3 View Post
    So here's my story, I've been dating this guy for almost a year now, everything was going fine until now, he's ignoring me. He walks straight by me and doesn't even smile anymore when he looks at me. He'll look at me and walk away. I have recently been asked out by another guy and I obviously rejected him as I have a boyfriend but the guy who asked me out won't stop bugging my boyfriend, telling him how much he wants sex with me (this is behind my back, a friend told me about it) I have also been hanging around one of my best friends who is a guy, would my boyfriend be jealous and is that why he's ignoring me? I have no idea! I'm so confused.
    What is the real story? You have called him your boyfriend a couple of times but you have also said he is a boy you have liked:
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyStylinson3 View Post
    I have liked this guy for over a year now, he's really shy and even more shy when he's around me (he likes me back) I'm pretty shy as well and so whenever we tried to talk to each other it was really awkward. We had nothing to say and we would be standing in silence. Awkward, right? Now, we only say hi when we pass each other, (with a smile) I really want to start talking to him just like a normal friend and I don't want it to be awkward. I don't know how to approach him as he is always with his friends. When I ask my friends what to do they tell me to go up to him and ask him how his day has been and simple stuff like that, but wouldn't he be a little freaked out if I just randomly walked up to him and said that? I want to talk to him and I don't know how to ! Please help me ASAP.
    I get the impression the situation isn't as clear as you want it to be. Is he really your boyfriend? Have you really been dating for almost a year? Or are you hoping he will be your boyfriend but the other male is causing problems? Is he ignoring you because he is upset or he just isn't as interested in you as you want him to be?
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 24, 2014, 06:10 PM
    Yeah, so are you dating him or you just like him?
    Maybe he is just not interested in you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 25, 2014, 06:24 AM
    If a guy no longer wants to be your boyfriend, date, or even speak to you, then you leave him alone, plain and simple.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 25, 2014, 10:58 AM
    Your questions all point to a different situation and I have to wonder which is the real life version...or is any of it?

He's your boyfriend but you don't talk.

He's a guy you like but he ignores you.

He's your boyfriend and you've been dating for a year.

It's awkward to talk to him.

Tell us the REAL LIFE VERSION and we may be able to help...until then, we are all wasting our time.
    Lyss16 Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2014, 09:46 PM
    He's jealous then, you know what ex's or boyfriends/girlfriends are like they act all weird around you untill they realize that they should always be with each other and stand up for each and they differently should help each other by explaining and asking questions. Hope this works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm getting bullied because of my boyfriend? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for about two years now. He is in fact younger than me by a year and is the same height as me. It didn't bother me until currently now since we go to the same school. People have bullied me on how it sucks to have a younger and shorter boyfriend. I do love him a lot...

Bullied [ 9 Answers ]

I was bullied for over 4 years at a small, all-girls secondary school and I had no friends. I had friends in year 7 and some of year 8 but from then onwards to year 11 I lost all my friends. I wandered whether it was me but I couldn't think of anything that would lead to everyone being nasty to me....

Being bullied? [ 6 Answers ]

Well, I've been bullied by this one kid verbally for the past 4 years or so.. last year I finally told an adult and the kid stopped, but recently after I received his aim name by accident he started calling me really harsh words like , gay, and . So I blocked him. Now I'm really confused cause I...

I was bullied and can't get over it! [ 22 Answers ]

So the he issue is that for years and years I was bullied…or verbally abused more like. At some point in my youth someone came up with a not so nice name which rimes with my name and the rest is history as they say. First it was just that name but it became more. I was blamed for things I didn’t...

View more questions Search