Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smile10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Hair Folicle Test
    Both my husband and I have used meth over the last 2 years. Our employer is requesting volumtary testing of all employees. It will be either a urine or hair follicle test and managed randomly. My question is since I have long hair and he gets his cut often, isn't he less likely to produce a positive test?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Yes, you are correct. Also, when was the last time you both used? Usually they use the potion of the hair follicle closest to the scalp.
    smile10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 02:38 PM
    The past 2 months, on different occasions. Is there any method of cleansing our system tin case one or both of us draw the hair follicle possibility.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 02:42 PM
    I am sorry, but no there is no way to completely cleanse the hair follicle. Others here may tell you differently, but this particular scenario is on my next test due tomorrow in school. We discussed this in length and there is nothing that will cleanse the hair and remove the chemicals.

The chemicals attach to the keratin in the follicle and actually become part of that follicle.

Unfortunately, it looks as though both of you will test positive. Please take this as a learning experience and try to get clean.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Yes, first please do yourself a big favor and stop using drugs, you will always have these issues, or what about when you have to come here and say well my husband is sentenced to two years what is...
    And esp meth if you had to pick the worst drug to use you have.

But again you said the test was voluntary, so don't offer. Or did you mean random and you were not gong to have a choice.

And I will give you a secret after having been in business for years, radom normally means they have some ideas and suspects and they seem to get randomly picked a lot more than others.
    rainankennyjr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 12:36 PM

He still can produce a positive.. I've done hair follicle now like 3 times.. and they can pull hair.. from anywhere on your body not just your head.. now is they were to pull it from any where else it can detect usuage from up to a year ago as hair does 90 days..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutoff level for meth in hair folicle testinG? [ 6 Answers ]

On Dec. 23 I did several lines of meth in a 3 hour period. I took a hair folicle test on Jan. 23 and this did not show up. No I have did one line of meth and am hoping that this will not show up. Is there a cut-off level? I know it was stupid... Please help

Alcohol and hair test [ 10 Answers ]

Does alcohol show up in a hair test? And does it also show up ina urine test ifyou were to drink right before you peed?

Hair folical test [ 18 Answers ]

I haven't smoked any weed in over a month and a half, yet I'm still worried because I have an interview and drug test with an airline. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good shampoo, or other way to make sure that I am clean. I have researched this on the internet and have found that repeated...

Folicle drug test [ 1 Answers ]

It can be detected even with new hair growth for 90 days or more, after using. As for detoxing it sooner as far as I know there is nothing that can.

Hair folicle testing [ 1 Answers ]

I have been clean for approx. a month. I was using meth. I need to take a hair folicle test is this drug still going to show up with the hair folicle test? Is there anything I can use or do to prevent this drug from showing up?Any type of quick detox or shampoo?

View more questions Search