Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SuicideKing1985 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Subwoofer Distortion
    I recently ordered a 4000 watt Mono amplifier (2000RMS) and got two Audiobahn 15'' subwoofers that are rated max power of 2600 watts (1300 watt RMS) and I want to put them in my truck, but not using a conventional truck box enclosure. I am going to "modify" the rear metal panel that is below the back glass and separates the cab from the bed of the truck and put a normal car enclosure in it so it can breath better. The subs will be flush with the back cab panel and the box enclosure will mostly be in the bed of the truck up at the front (all which will be sealed up ofcourse). My question is will I run into any problems as far as distortion/clipping with it? And if so how to go about correcting the problem. It also will have a 2 farad capacitor hooked to it and the boxes dimensions are a Vented 17" h X 20 1/2" d X 40" w Box
    hiperf402 Posts: 106, Reputation: -1

Apr 1, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Clipping would only happen from your amp. It is a waveform where one of the patterns is removed above or below normal. Clipping is not a sound. Personally I think 15's are way too big unless you want to be heard from the next state over, especially for a truck. Moreover you are surely going to lose your hearing down the line in life. Make sure they are phased correctly and only build or use box that is only just big enough for your speakers. People commonly use huge boxes(3-4 c/ft) when they should only be 2-3. A box is very important to the tight ring you want to hear. If possible, separate the two cavities of the box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Subwoofer Help! [ 1 Answers ]

I need help... I need to know exactly how to power my 2 1200 watt subs indoors, like in my room... I only have a 450 what amp but I worked in my buddies car... so does anyone know how to hook ity up in my room?

Subwoofer Cutting Out [ 2 Answers ]

Allright, I should start by saying I own a 97 Chevy and had a complete system (2 Eclipse 10" 1500 RMS with 2 Memphis 800 W Class D Amps ran With 2 Capacitors), but due to circumstances, I needed money, and sold it all besides my Eclipse head unit. Now, all I have left is 1 Dual 460 MOSFET amp and a...

Audio distortion [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, When downloading mp3's I convert to .wav .Then using Nero latest ver. Burn to cd, there is peak distortion even though trk volume is medium.This is getting very annoying as tracks play clean as mp3. Soundblaster live, Win2K pro, P II 266 Please help?

Distortion with an RCA-to-mini connection? [ 1 Answers ]

I play all my music off my laptop. Currently the arrangement of my living room requires that I use a 30-ft cable to hook it up to my receiver. So I went and invested $50 in a thick cable with gold-plated connectors. Problem is, this cable is RCA-to-RCA, so of course I've got to find a mini-plug...

Subwoofer and amplifier brands [ 0 Answers ]

Can you tell me as much as you can about the car audio brand, for amps and subwoofers,---FUSION? Can you compare it to Phoenix Gold because I'm trying to decide what to get in both amps and subwoofers?

View more questions Search