Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sprog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Stripping hair
    Few months ago I dyed my hair dark brown with a semi perminat hair colour, then a week ago I dyed under my fringe with a dark red, that is semi perminant as well, is there any home remidides to use to completely strip that out your hair, I herd lemon juice works but how often do I have to use it or anything else?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 1, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Hair color will fade a little each time you shampoo. Semi-permanent color is formulated to last through several shampoos, depending on the hair's porosity and thus on its ability to absorb moisture. Lemon juice will dry out your hair, irritate your scalp and cause split ends. Try using Prell, clarifying shampoos or dandruff shampoos with very warm water to help fade the color. Dish detergents such as Dawn are also known to strip or fade hair color. You might want to use a few drops of dish detergent with your shampoo to fade the color faster. Whenever you wash your hair, be sure to use a conditioner afterwards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stripping black hair at home [ 14 Answers ]

Hey everyone, After many hours searching the net I finally found this site... I am a natural blonde and dyed my hair red, then purple, then brown and eventually blue black. Now I want to go back up to red... I went to the hairdresser today and they quoted me well over £100 to strip the...

Stripping paint from plaster walls... [ 2 Answers ]

I've been able to chip away most of the paint on my 1930's houses' plaster walls down to the plaster. There were two layers of paint and they came off very easily from the wall... almost like an eggshell off an egg. There was a border along the top of the wall, and the paint layers under the...

Colour Stripping on Hair [ 1 Answers ]

I Used to be bright blonde and stupidly decided to dye my hair brown I had this done at a salon. I then used a home kit and went over it in red , so now I have reddy brown hair. I did this about 2 months ago I now want to dye it back blonde , I went to a good local salon who did a strand test and...

Stripping wood paneling [ 2 Answers ]

I have cherry wood paneling in my family room. How do I strip it?

Stripping paint from limestone fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a limestone fireplace and mantle. It has several coats of paint. Any suggestions for stripping it safely, as in no methyl chloride or similar. Know of any mechanical strippers that would work as in pin strippers?

View more questions Search