Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Epcot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2014, 10:47 PM
    1997 Honda Accord shuts off while idling as well as traveling on the highway.
    My 1997 Honda Accord shuts off while idling or highway driving. I am able to restart the car after the second or third try. It's frustrating and dangerous. What could be the problem?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2014, 06:06 AM
    Normally, replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil solves the problem. Be sure to apply silicone heat transfer compound to the back of the new ICM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 Honda Accord 4 Cylinder has been losing power when driving on the highway. [ 3 Answers ]

I have been having trouble starting my 1998 accord. Also when I am driving on the highway it often times when I am excelerating will loose all power and all gauges will drop to nothing. I have to put it in nuetral and try to restart when I am driving. It is an automatic. Is this the fuel filter,...

96" honda accord idling problem [ 0 Answers ]

On my 96" Honda Accord the idling was/ is very erratic, when in park or neutral the tachometer moves from 900 - 1500 rpm. I change out the Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve. The problem still persisted. I then changed out the TPS and well that lasted a day, all hell broke loose. Now the rpm are @ 3000...

Honda accord 98, constant idling up and down after starter replaced? [ 26 Answers ]

OK, the car wouldn't start and I determined it was the starter by tapping on it while someone engaged the ignition. It started but the drive gear didn't pull back in the starter so I turned the igntion off BUT The starter kept turning the engine over even when the ignition was turned off, I...

1998 honda accord dying on highway [ 1 Answers ]

My 1998 accord lx is shutting itself off while driving down the highway. It's happened 4 days in a row now. Twice in basically the same spot (about 6 miles of expressway at 60mph) The next day at about 3 miles of expressway speed. First time it started up in about two minutes, second time it...

91 honda accord LX surges when idling [ 8 Answers ]

Our 91 honda accord lx has approx 150k miles on it and has been a great car.. . recently my wife noticed when she starts it still in park the rpms will surge when we start going it does it also when we stop at a stoplight etc. I'm thinking it may be the 02 sensor from reading my haynes manual. Just...

View more questions Search