Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redroom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2014, 05:33 PM
    How to get 20cm taller despite of your genetics?
    Hi. <br>I'm 14 and a half years old and apparently I'm 1m6 tall. I really want to achieve 20cm taller&nbsp;although my dad is only 1m67 and my mum said that my flow chart shows that I can only get 2 or 3cm taller until I'm 20. I'm not very please with that news. Are there any chances that I can get my goal? And if there are, where should I start?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 11, 2014, 05:38 PM
    There is nothing you can do aside from accepting that your genetics determines how tall you get.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2014, 09:49 PM
    There is nothing you can do. You will be the height your body is made for.
    Men are often slightly taller than father. And many boys do not really grow till they are 16 or 17. So you will just have to wait and see what happens
    joannelemke Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2014, 11:04 PM
    While you are still young and the bones have not fused you can go to a doctor and get growth hormone.

Other than that, start exercising. Resistance training that causes lactic acid where you feel the burn, will stimulate growth hormone. Not sure if it will be enough to growth 20 cms though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Genetics [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am doing a science project on genetics and I need these questions answered. Im in 6th grade How do genes get passed down? Can parents with dark hair such as brown have a child with light haigh like blonde? What are dominate and recessive traits? Are any two genes the same? I already know...

Genetics [ 8 Answers ]

Hi! My dad has very curly hair and, with my very straight- haired mom had 4 curly haired kids. My curly haired self, along with my straight-haired husband produced 2 straight-haired kids. From what I've read, curly hair is dominant (although I did find a site that said it was recessive). I...

Need to build 30 desks, with demensions of 20cm by 30cm by 70 , how much wood is need [ 4 Answers ]

Need to build 30 desks with demensions 70cm, 30 cm and 20 c how much wood do I need

Genetics(chromosomes) [ 1 Answers ]

Is a trisomy 18 when you have 3 #18 chromosomes!! :cool: :p ;) :( :o

View more questions Search