Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dandcharlieb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2014, 11:34 AM
    type 2 diabetes that is uncontrolled
    Hello: I have type 2 diabetes that is uncontrolled. I recently started working on it again by taking my insulin and metformin. I had 2000 mg of metformin and 15 units of insulin last night. Reading this morning was 205. I had 15 units of insulin this morning. I ate a poached egg and cheese sandwich on wheat/low-carb bread. My blood sugar is 216. What should I eat for a snack and lunch in order to bring it down or keep it from going higher?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 11, 2014, 11:24 PM
    If your diabetes has been uncontrolled, it would be in your best interest to contact your doctor rather than the internet. There is a lot of false information on the internet that could be dangerous to you and put you in DKA.

This would be the ONLY place on the internet you should search. What Can I Eat If I Have Diabetes

Don't forget to follow your Sliding Scale Insulin regimen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Type 1 Diabetes [ 1 Answers ]

I have Diabetes type 1. I went out drinking and had taken 10 units of Humalog For a meal I couldn't eat a little while before. I also took 20 units of NPH About 4 hours ago. I called my endocrinologist and she said to eat something And I would be fine, but I cannot keep anything down and...

Can type 2 diabetes be reversed [ 46 Answers ]

I have type 2 diabetes and have seen several articles and books suggesting that with the right diet and a bit of exercise diabetes can if not be cured at least render you symptom free and relieve you of the need for medication. Is there any actual proof of this. Are there any medical professionals...

Type II Diabetes [ 1 Answers ]

What is a good morning sugar level and night time sugar level for someone with Type II diabetes. {moved from Forum Help. Please choose the forum to post in more carefully and please READ posting instructions.-<>}

Getting picked on because of my type one diabetes [ 5 Answers ]

I am 17 years old... and I dropped out of school because people picked on me for having diabetes... I was diagnosed on April 9th 2004 and after kids were picking on me for a while... I stopped taking care of myself. I got to the point where I ended up in the I.C.U. for 4 days and was on the regular...

3 yr. Old and type 1 diabetes? Hereditarily. [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 children: 6 yr. old girl, 3 yr. old son, and a 5 month old daughter. The two younger ones' father has type 1 juvenile diabetes. He has to take insulin shots several times a day. I know that my children have only a slightly higher change to develop diabetes than others, but that still is...

View more questions Search