Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annacecila39 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2014, 06:10 PM
    Income tax
    Can I claim my 31 year old daughter on my income tax. She lives with me and I pay everything for her. She has no job.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 9, 2014, 07:11 PM
    If you provide more than HALF of her total support and her own earned income is LESS than her $3,900 personal exemption, then, yes, you can claim her on your income tax return as a dependent.
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Jan 10, 2014, 07:23 AM
    I agree with ATE. You can claim her as a dependent relative, but not as a dependent child

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Income tax expense usually appears as a separate section on a corporation income stat [ 1 Answers ]

Does income tax expense usually appears as a separate section on a corporation income?

Employer in Nebraska wants to collect income tax but I live in state w/out income tax [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, new employer whose office is based in Nebraska. I do not live or work in Nebraska. This is a fed gov't agency. They tell me they will collect Nebraska states income tax from my pay. How can they do that? I do spend about 3 weeks a year at the office in Nebraska, staying in a motel while...

Federal corporate income tax treatment on state income tax return [ 0 Answers ]

I know that federal corporation tax is deductible on state corporate tax returns but not on federal corporate returns, but is it deductible on state corporate returns? You may generalize your answer or you may limit it to Florida Form F-1120 if you like. I have been told that it can but I can't...

State income tax and local income tax in W2 Form [ 2 Answers ]

I know "state income tax" in W2 is the state income withholding" used for state tax return. But what will "local income tax" in W2 be used for?

Collectors (law office) Garishing Income & Income Tax Refund? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in the Atlanta, GA area and I brought a house last spring. This summer I start receiving mail and phone calls from a law office regarding a credit card that was closed over 10 years ago, but I paid some money on it after that. So, it has been over 7 years,but a few month under 10 years. ...

View more questions Search