Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    outstanding209 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Leaking Single Handle Shower Fawcet
    I believe I have a single handle shower fawcet. It looks as though the gaskets are not holding anymore and the water pressure pushes the handle out. It constantly runs so I have had to take off the handle and zip tied it shut. How do I fix or replace?:(
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 1, 2007, 11:58 AM
    What's the brand name of your shower valve? How old is it? What's the water pressure in your house? Waiting on your reply, Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 1, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Jon, You answered by E-mail.
    This is the message:

I believe it's a Moen. It's I believe original to the house 20 years. And it is
    A little corroded. Jon

Thanks Jon. Please keep it on the plumbing page and not in my mailbag.
    Change the cartridge and you will have just about rebuilt the valve. If you need instruction on changing the cartridge click on back. Good luck, Tom
    leddie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 06:01 PM
    I have trouble installing the replacement cartridge - it does not want to go all the way in - is there a trick to it?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 06:49 PM

What is tha brand and model Number of your faucet and?
    What part number cartridge did you put in? Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Hot Water in Shower - Moen Single Handle Faucet [ 38 Answers ]

I've read most of the questions on this website about this matter, but I'm still confused. I pulled off the handle and wall plate. But what do I do after that? I see a small (4 inch approx.) hole in the wall with a "unit" that looks like a cartridge that holds the handle. I can turn it to hot...

Replacing single handle bathtub handle with 2 handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am redoing the tile in my bathroom and want to change my single handle hot/cold fixture with a 2 handle fixture... Can I do this myself or do I need a plumber?. My house was built in the 1960's and the faucet seem original.. I do have access from the back and will have access in front once...

Replacing old single shower handle [ 4 Answers ]

We just bought a house and the wife wants the handle replaced. I am not sure of the correct name of this type or style, it's obviously a single handle and it has a lever underneath that goes left or right to switch from shower to bath facet. I'm very handy and was just curious if this is...

Leaking Outdoor Shower Handle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a summer house that we close in the winter. Every year I drain the pipes, take apart all the faucets, and put antifreeze down the drains. This year everything went well except for the outdoor shower. I connected all the pipes and turned the system on and the showers faucet handle began to...

Leaking fawcet [ 7 Answers ]

I have been through three (perhaps merely incompetent) plumbers recently on various different problems in the same bathroom recently. Perhaps someone knows something about this kind of problem. I recently found a leak from the wall (next to the water meter) which is inside the bathroom of my...

View more questions Search