Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolfield7 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2014, 01:30 AM
    Need Help With Math- Money and Interest
    Hi, I'm having trouble with some math and would really appreciate some help. I'm on a chapter where I'm learning about interest. Here's the problem:

For each of the following (i) find the additional amount you have to pay by hire purchase and (ii) express the additional amount obtained in (i) as a percentage of the cash price.

(a) Cash price- $360
    Down payment- $50
    Monthly installment- $40
    Number of installments- 10

This is really confusing for me, I have no idea what to do. I'd be really grateful for any help.

Thanks!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 9, 2014, 06:47 AM
    I've not heard the term "hire purchase" before - I assume what they mean is "find teh additional amount you have to pay over time." First calculate the total amount of cash outlay if you buy the product with payments. which requires a down payment of $50 plus 10 payments of $40 each. Then compare that to the amount if you pay up front with cash, which is $360. They're asking for that comparison both in terns of dollars and as a percentage over the cash price. Post back with your answers and we'll check them for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Money & interest [ 1 Answers ]

How do you do interest on principal,rate,time/

Interest and money [ 1 Answers ]

Need help with my math homework it has to do with interest & principal,rate,time

Is interest in CD's in US (money not earned in US) taxable for H1B [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was on F1 visa for 5 years. I had CD's in banks. This money I had from India (not earned in US) for tution purposes, fortunately I could cover the expenses through my stipend-- hence the CD's are intact. As F1, I filled the W8 BEN form, and did not pay the tax on interest. Now I am...

View more questions Search