Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amberdrake25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2014, 12:03 PM
    What kind of jobs can I do with a felony background
    I am a felon and I am getting ready to go back to school I just need to know what I can go back to school for I don't want to go to school for something ill never get hired for my felony is conspiracy for credit card fraud I would really like to be either a emt or a cps worker
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 8, 2014, 12:28 PM
    Any job that requires a state license (including EMT and CPS) probably will exclude you. You have to check with your state licensing board. You can look on your state.gov website, or call and ask about your specific situation.

As for unlicensed jobs, I would rule out money handling, at least at banks.

Many felons have to start really low, especially during times of few jobs, even if they go to school. But going to school is a good plan, while you wait for the economy to improve. What to choose? What is your health, age, and work or education history? How about underwater welding? Those jobs have gone begging for years. Yes, I know you may be female. So what?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2014, 09:36 PM
    I agree, I see both of those positions are a problem. You may want to sit down with a school counselor and think of some things within your interest
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 8, 2014, 09:41 PM
    The best question is...

What are you interested in? We could give you ideas until the cows come home, but if it's not something you are interested in we've wasted our time and yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nursing Career with a felony background [ 8 Answers ]

If a felon - charged in a non violent crime who also has a third degree sexual assult charge on his record, - is interested in a degree as a Registered Nurse, what information about those charges would prohibit him from receiving an RN degree and later being hired as an RN? Does the type of...

What kind of job can I get in the state of ny with a felony background? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a great person just dated a the wrong person

What kind of jobs in PA can I qualify for with an RSP felony? [ 32 Answers ]

Hey everyone. Before I ask my question, let me give you some back ground on my story. I'm 29ys old; born, raised and currently reside in PA. I have been in the IT industry since graduating from tech school in 2000 with my associates degree. Well, as I was working for a company in 2007, I was...

Background check interfere with jobs? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going through school to become a surgical tech.and wonder about past crimminal backgroun,about 10 yrs,ago, will affect my chances in job placements??

View more questions Search