Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyoungxx2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Can I quit claim liened property?
    Can I quit claim property with a lien against it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 11:23 AM
    No, any lien will have to be paid off before you can transfer ownership.

If you are merely adding an additional name, the lien holder may allow it.

So if this is a new buyer, they will need a new loan to pay off the lien before they can take ownership.

If you will explain who has the lien, who is buying and the such, if this is
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Apr 1, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoungxx2
    can i quit claim property with a lien against it?
    Yes - you are only deeding what interest you may have in the property and the lien is not effected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quit claim [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I purchased a home together 4 months after we were married, but in order to get a better interest rate for the loan, and the title to go through I was asked to sign a quit claim document. Does this mean I have no interest in the home now that we are divorcing?

Quit Claim [ 1 Answers ]

I've filled out Quit Claim form. Now, I need to get it notarized. Where do you go to get it notarized? I live Oak Lawn Illinois, cook county.

Quit Claim deeds [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a condo ( as a second residence in another state) paying cash which I borrowed as a line of credit on my primary residence. I put my son's name also on the deed, so that he can take care of paying the dues, taxes etc. when needed, because he lives there. He moved into the condo for...

Quit claim deeds [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have a website that has a quit claim deed form that is filled out and filed in the state of Florida?

View more questions Search