Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluepaint Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2005, 08:27 PM
    2000 Honda Civic won't start
    Last Sat morning, cranked the starte motor till it finally started, It was rainy and damp. All day started and ran fine. Sunday cranked it over quiite quickly. Monday morning, same thing started instantly. Monday night, car sitting for a while. Raining, when I got in the car, had to crank over the starter motor for a long while, finally stumbled/shuddered to a start, drive 5 minutes, then stalled while stopping, cranked over the starter for a little while, then s huddered to a start, then ran al right that night. Tues morning in damp rainy weather, took forever, then started finally, ran smoothly. Tues night car parked for 8 hrs, attempted to start the car, weather was rainy/downpour, cranked and cranked, but would not start. In dry weather, starts perfectly, in wet damp, rainy weather difficult to start.
    Car is 2000 Honda Civic EX, what is the problem,
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2005, 09:02 PM
    Sounds like some of the ignition parts are drawing damp. If it has ignition wires and a distributor cap, replace them. If not, maybe look at the ignition module and coils, and coil housing. If you are due for new plugs, change them too. Remove them cold, and put a small dab of Anti-Seize on them.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2005, 09:25 PM
    yeah you have a prob with something getting damp, ^^ like he said, if due time for plugs get them, and wire's if they are cracked. Me personally had a oldsmobile with a four banger, OK in the dry it would boom start right up and run like a champ, wet or damp weather, IE fog or high dew point or rainy it wouldn't start, OK, conections were getting damp. Do check what labman said
    Array Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2005, 05:56 AM
    My Honda Civic EX 1993 presents the same problem. I will check your helpful comments with the electrician and return with the results soon.
    kam2002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2005, 09:31 AM
    I don't have the same problem, but my '03 civic ex was having a hard time starting and the guy at the dealership told me it could be from switching keys because the chip inside causes it to do that sometimes.
    Array Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2005, 03:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Array
    My Honda Civic EX 1993 presents the same problem. I will check...
    Changing the battery and the spark plugs eliminated the problem.
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

May 10, 2005, 02:02 PM
    Thanks for letting us know what fixed it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Civic (2000) ECU CVT error [ 3 Answers ]

Service diagnostic of my Honda Civic (manufacturing year - 2000) ECU showed the error 30-1. It seems to be the CVT error. Does there anybody know, what this error means? Could it be because of old dirty oil in CVT? The car was driven over 80.000 km, and oil has never changed.

Civic 2000,fuel and spark, no start [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Civic 1.6 ,single cam ,that quit running.Engine turns over,good battery,fuel pump runs,injectors get fuel and signal to open and close.Also, it has spark and the engine timing is fine, but it does not start.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

2000 honda civic problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, My 2000 honda civic si while driving in 4th gear, kicked out and the engine light came on. A few minutes later the oil light came on and the engine shut off. When I pulled over all the oil leaked out from the bottom. Please help me on why this happened? Thanks in an advance Cory

Civic 2000 no dash lights and won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a similar problem in that I get no ignition light in the dash or any other lights(Air-bag, ABS and the key symbol etc) that used to come on when the key is turned to ignition, but other ignition dependent things like radio central locking work. Checked all the fuses both under the hood and...

View more questions Search