Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doggofwar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Legal responsiblility
    Hello,
    If (heaven forbid) anything should happen to my father say turning him in to a vegetable. Who would be responsible for him. His oldest child, his ex-wife, his mother, his brothers. By responsible I mean the order to pull the plug and assuming his debit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 11:29 AM
    If your father would be like that, no one is responsible to assume his debt, any of his property would be attached or sold to pay, and after that they just don't get paid for anything else. At this death if there is anything left in the estate, his estate would be sold and the people paid

He needs to leave a living will as to who would have the right to "pull" the plug. The ex wife has no legal standing what so ever, but in general his childrend could sue for it, but he needs to leave a living will so that it is spelled out who has that authority and what should happen.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2007, 11:32 AM
    You have honest and sincere questions here. This is something to discuss with your parents - their end of life decisions, making a living will, etc. If your Father would become that ill, then it is the family's responsibility to make the decisions. Unless he becomes remarried, then it would be the new wife. The debt or debts fall to the estate and the estate will need to take care of any bills your Father would incur.

Everyone needs to have something written down for those medical decisions - why place the onus on the family?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this legal? [ 2 Answers ]

HELP! My sister was served with a 24 eviction notice for "illegal substances". Her landlord was walking by her building and says he smelled it by her apartment( it was actually her neighbor). He taped a xerox copy of a 2004 notice and scribbled over the old date and penned in 07. The letter...

Was it legal? [ 2 Answers ]

We lived in an apartment and we told them that we were moving out because our work transferred us over 50 miles away. They told us that we didn't have to pay any fews or anything and we would get our deposit back. Then about 2 months later when we finally get the confirmation that we need to move I...

Is this legal? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for me to hack another one of my own computers?

Are we legal [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I live in england my girlfriend is 16 but I'm only 15 I have been wondering if it legal for us to have sex?;)

Is this legal? [ 7 Answers ]

I've recently come in contact with a person who lives in another country. They claim that I can claim, having never met this person, next of kin, to a deceased person and get a bunch of money transferred into my bank account. And that this needs to be completed by a certain time, or the government...

View more questions Search