Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michaelscott11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2014, 11:00 PM
    I have a dishwasher with 3 wires but only 2 wires coming from the metal conduit
    I bought a condo and have a new dishwasher it has the white/black/green wire but I only have black/white coming from the metal conduit. I looked in the sub panel in the condo and I don't see a ground on any of the circuits. Am I missing something? Should the outlets and appliences have ground wires? Or is it grounded somewhere else. I live in chicago and don't know all the codes so I don't know. Can I just connect black to black, white to white and the connect the green wire to a grounding screw on the receptacle box since its on metal conduit?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 8, 2014, 12:04 AM
    Yes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I connect the 6 wires coming out to the ceiling to the 3 wires from the fan? [ 3 Answers ]

I have two switches on two different walls. So there are six wires ( 2 black, 2 white, 2 bare) coming out of the ceiling. I purchased the Hunter Stratford II Model 20582 ceiling fan with light. How do I connect the six wires coming out to the ceiling to the three wires from the fan? Do I...

4 #02 wires 4 #2 wires what size conduit [ 1 Answers ]

I need to run 4 #02 and 4 #2 copper wire through coduit. What size does the conduit need to be.

Running two wires through electrical conduit [ 4 Answers ]

I want to supply power to run some power tools and shop lights out in my detached garage which has no electricity at all right now. I want to run two separate circuits and I'm using a buried electrical conduit with the wires inside. Since it's two separate circuits do I need two conduits or can I...

View more questions Search