Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flyers13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2014, 09:57 PM
    Can Canadian debts be garnished in the USA
    If I have a defaulted loan in Canada, can they garnish my wages in the U.S. I live and work in the U.S. permanently now, in ND. The company I work for is in both countries, but I'm employed by the U.S. company.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2014, 05:48 AM
    Yes, they can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canadian law regarding debts [ 10 Answers ]

I was hired to work in the UAE and my contract was for 3 years. I got couple of credit cards while working there. Unfortunately my contract was termminated illegally ( law of termination is 1 year and mine was terminated 18 months after) .I had credit shield with my credit cards and I wrote to the...

Can my Canadian wages be garnished by US credit card co? [ 3 Answers ]

I am employed in Canada, and a default judgment was made against me in Michigan. I want to know if my Canadian wages can be garnished as a result of this judgement. I am not in bankruptcy, but I am considering it.Tx

If you are in the usa, can a canadian collector come after you for a canadian debt [ 1 Answers ]

Debt collection in the usa as it relates to a canadian debt and canadian collector

If a canadian citizen kills another Canadian in the USA, where would he be tried? [ 4 Answers ]

A Canadian citizen is living in the United States on a Student visa. Another Canadian citizen who is in the US on vacation murders the student and is apprehended by US law enforcement. Would the murderer be extradited to Canada, or tried in the US? Would it make a difference if he had a warrant for...

Canadian traveling to USA [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've read a few posts now, and I've seen 2 different answers come up. So, being a canadian, can I travel to the USA by car with my birth certificate and Drivers license(without a passport) ? I even have my expired passport from last year I could bring... Thanks!

View more questions Search