Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    A558210 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2014, 05:50 PM
    Wage Garnishment after Levy paid in full
    I had a judgment, they took the funds out of my checking account. I called the lawyers that represented the plaintiff and they told me they would call off the wage garnishment (since they were paid in full) that was 2 months ago, now I received a notice from my employer that they are garnishing my wages for the same one!

Can they do that? It is the same docket number and same amount.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 7, 2014, 06:02 PM
    They aren't supposed to, obviously, but 'can' they? They did somehow, and unfortunately you are going to have to make lots of phone calls and give copies of the payment to your employer, whatever it takes. The wheels grind slowly, especially at the end of the year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A wage garnishmnet that was paid in full in march, now (june) they want the interest ? [ 1 Answers ]

I had a wage garnishment judgement against me a few years ago, it was finally paid in full in march 2013, now in June (2013) they are trying to garnish my wages for the interest of that amount - is this legal ?

Can I do bank levy and wage garnishment at the same time? [ 1 Answers ]

My tenant owed me over $3000. I filed a money judgement against her after she moved out. Now I am wondering which effort is better, bank levy or wage garnish or can I do both at the same time? THX! Annie

Can a levy and a wage garnishment be in place at the same time? [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know if a levy has been placed on your bank account can they garnish your wages at the same time? And how long is a levy placed on your account? Live in New Jersey.

Wage Garnishment & bank levy. [ 5 Answers ]

So I have a judgement... and my bank account has been levied... and a wage garnishment is in place, can they continue to levy my bank acount? I live in New Jersey... if that helps or matters... :confused: Thanks so much!

Bank levy & wage garnishment from a judgement [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: So it seems that a credit card debt from 1999 in the amount of $1800 caught up with me , now in the amount of $6000!! How can this happen? Once the bank account has been levied & the wage garnishment starts, do they release my money in the bank account though the creditor? Do I get...

View more questions Search