Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rickplumbing Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2014, 09:57 AM
    Can leaking tub faucet (shower valve) cause loss of water to rest of house?
    Frigid temps. Woke up to leaking tub faucet (shower valve?) Lost water to house addition (kitchen/master bath). Lost hot water to old part of house but still have cold. Can get faucets to run in addition if cold water is on in old part of house, but hot is cold, cold is warm.

Is tub leak the problem or do I have a frozen pipe somewhere?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 7, 2014, 10:15 AM
    [QUOTECan leaking tub faucet (shower valve) cause loss of water to rest of house?][/QUOTE]No! This sounds like a frozen pipe problem. Check out your supplies. Good luck, Tom
    rickplumbing Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2014, 10:37 AM
    Thanks, Tom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen Tub Valve Leaking When Another Faucet Runs [ 5 Answers ]

I have a single handle moen tub faucet, it started to leak when water was running from a different faucet. I replaced the cartridge & about 2 months later it did it again, so I replaced the cartridge again, now about 3 weeks later it is doing it again. Any ideas on the problem? Thanks Ken

We have a 55 year old house and the tub/shower taps are leaking.Both from the tub and [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 55 year old house and the tub/shower taps are leaking.Both from the tub and shower spouts.I have replaced the seats and rubber washers on the stems.With the taps closed it still leaks.Then I turned the diverter and it slowed the leak to a trickle from both spouts?! Any ideas ? Do I...

No hot water pressure in tub but the rest of the house is fine [ 0 Answers ]

HELP please we replaced all of the galvanized pipes leading up from the house water tank to the bathtub with Pvc but we still have no hot water pressure I read something about a balance pressure ball in the hot water faucet or something like that I'm not sure what that is I have I have a high water...

Tub to tub/shower conversion: Need to re-route water lines for a shower faucet? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello everyone, My wife and I just moved into an old (1930s) Spanish house in Los Angeles. We have 2 bathrooms, with the master bathroom containing a bathtub and a separate shower stall. The shower stall is tight with a low ceiling and the bathroom has no exhaust fan (only 2 windows) and...

Tub/ shower leaking. Price Pfister valve question. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! We have an old Price Pfister Tub and shower faucet. It has been dripping for some time now and I would like to replace the whole thing with something newer anyway. If at all possible I would like to do it myself. I have been doing some research and have found that the new OX8 valves have a...

View more questions Search