Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pharrigirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2014, 09:55 PM
    My 7 yr old grandson swallowed a quarter, do I take him to ER or wait for it to pass?
    I haven't tried anything he just swallowed it says his stomach hurts,
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Jan 6, 2014, 10:19 PM
    A quarter is hard and large enough to cause a bowel obstruction and may be difficult to pass. It would be best to take him to the ER especially if he is in pain.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 7, 2014, 07:14 AM
    I would err on the side of caution and have him seen by a doctor as soon as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mom won't let me date. I need to wait until college? Should I ask HIM to wait? [ 3 Answers ]

Sooo. My mom won't let me date. Period. Its for religious perposes but I don't feel the same way she does. I always find a guy I like and then she ruins it. I had a pretty serious relationship last year. We hid it from my mom for over a year but complications with distance and my mom ultimately...

How will I pass the substantial residence test if I wait till June 2010 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Here's my case - Came to US in Aug '06 on F1 visa. Graduated in Dec '08. In 2009, Been on OPT (F1 visa) from Jan '09 to Sept '09. Been on H1B from Oct '09 till date. Evidently I don't pass the Substantial residence test, so I'm a non-resident alien. I read in one of your forums...

My 7 year old swallowed a quarter. [ 25 Answers ]

It's been quite an eventful afternoon. My 7 year old casually told us this afternoon that he swallowed a quarter. Not 25% of something, but an actual U.S. coin currency, 25 cents. We've been to the doctor, and he has been x-rayed. The doctor said it was in his stomach, and that's "good", but what...

Can I file first quarter taxes in the fourth quarter? [ 5 Answers ]

I joined my job on Jan 12 2009 in NYC and my employer did not give me salary for the first quarter in paycheck rather gave it to me in cash.From second quarter onwards he filed my quartely taxes.Can in some way I can file taxes for the first quarter now as this the fourth quarter running.Is it...

View more questions Search