Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Willowtree73 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2014, 12:00 PM
    How do I program a new key to my truck
    My husband lost the keys to our truck, so we got a new key made at a locksmith. We were told by a friend that it's possible to program the key ourselves, but does anyone know how? It's a 2003 Chevy Silverado truck.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 6, 2014, 12:14 PM
    Are you talking about programming the chip inside the key so that the truck will run or are you talking about a remote key fob?

If you need the chip in the key programmed, you have to have it done at a dealer. If it's the remote key fob that you're talking about, you can do it this way:
    Chevy Silverado Keyless Entry Remote Programming
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 6, 2014, 02:02 PM
    This video may help byut you have to watch the coomercial first, only can be done if you have one key left. If you have no keyes at all you can't do it yourself. How to program a transponder key GM Chevy Buick Saturn Oldsmobile Pontiac Van - YouTube
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 8, 2014, 12:01 PM
    Have you tried the key and found that is didn't start the engine?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Write a java program that reads an integer n from the key board and compute the value [ 3 Answers ]

Write a java program that reads an integer n from the key board and compute the value of 2^n and output it to the screen

Dsc pc1832 program function key [ 7 Answers ]

I have a dsc PC 1832 no matter what I do my function key to arm my system while I'm at home is still on a delay I want it on instant I put the code correct in section 001 and 005 partition 01 and ideas

Program adt key fob [ 1 Answers ]

Please help! My automatic garage door's main board went out & when it was replaced, our ADT key fob doesn't work anymore to open & close the garage door. Anyone know how to program it so it will once again open the door? The problem I have is my system isn't monitored anymore so ADT won't help me...

Need to finding a truck driving training program [ 1 Answers ]

What are some trucking company sponsored paid training programs in chicago or within Illinois ?

View more questions Search