Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissa124 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2014, 03:43 PM
    How do I ask my dad to leave my flat?
    My dad left a few years back to live in Cyprus and Thailand. He said he would help me and my sister before he left but just got up and left. He spent all his inheritance from my grandads passing and came back 8 months ago. Now he has lived with me and my son and I no longer can do it. I need my life back. Its been nice, I've been able to go out, but I found out he started saying he is now a live in babysitter. I have been supporting him and feel hurt, as I have helped him all this time.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 5, 2014, 04:08 PM
    You don't ask him. You tell him as nicely but firmly as possible, and you give him until the end of the month. Tell him you don't want a live in babysitter. Prepare a 'notice to quit' before the last day, and hand it to him. It's a termination of tenancy, just like if he were a renter. Then you go to court to evict him if necessary. Laws depend on where you live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dad\'s been asked to leave by his girlfriend what do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

My dads girlfriend had an argument with my dad and she told him to leave. I have no idea what to do. She hates me.

Dad is considering to leave my mom [ 20 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but it seemed the most suitable. My mom and dad (step dad) have been together since I was 8 (I'm 25) and he has been the rock in our life. My mom has had an addiction to pills and medication since I was 12, She is a periodical abuser though...

I think my dad is going to leave my mom [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I'm 16 and my mom and dad will/(might) be together 17 years in march! They have had some fights and I've just ignored them and walked across tha street to my grandmas! Its my get away place lol! Some of the fights I think about but not a lot of them! Recently they have gotten worse and its all...

Why won't my dad leave her? [ 5 Answers ]

My father and my mother divorced when I was 11 and my dad remarried 2 years later to a woman he always had relationship problems with and dated for only 3 months. One day I could tell he was upset and while we were talking he asked me what to do because he was thinking of leaving her, and it blew...

I'm not maried and want to know if I leave babies dad then can he take him. [ 5 Answers ]

Can my 2 moth olds dad take him from me... I live in Indiana...

View more questions Search