Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marcw66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2014, 10:10 AM
    Fuel injection cleaning
    I had my car's oil changed at Jiffy Lube. I had them change the air filter for $35 since it was really dirty but they also recommended fuel injector cleaning rating me at a 3 out of 10 meaning that it really needs cleaning. The car is a 2007 Honda Accord with 42,000 miles. Does it need fuel injection cleaning? I only use name brand gas such as Shell, Hess or Chevron,etc... My guess this is a rigged system but wanted others opinions.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2014, 11:26 AM
    Only reason to do the cleaning is if fuel economy is down and / or sputtering or missing is noticed. Yes, the process will clean out the injectors but may not be needed. Jiffy Lube tries to sell all kinds of things reasoning you will buy to "save money". How did they determine 3/10? Pull an injector?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2014, 04:23 PM
    Skip it.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 5, 2014, 06:25 AM
    Pass on the injection cleaning. If cleaning your injectors would improve your gas mileage, you'd have gone into the shop concerned about how your car was running, not for maintenance.
    And stay away from the fake crap that goes in the tank. The only thing that stuff is good for cleaning is your wallet. If it was strong enough to properly clean your injectors, it would be too harsh for other fuel system components.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dealer suggesting a fuel injection cleaning , 1st time in 60,000 miles, shd I? [ 2 Answers ]

My car is a 2005 Chrylser Town and Country minivan. Dealer is suggesting a fuel injection cleaning and to change the spark plugs saying they are really gapped, would be 1st time in 60,000 miles, shd I? Vr, Mabe

Fuel Injection problems [ 2 Answers ]

CaptainRich- It's a 1999 Dodge Ram1500 pickup V8 5.2 liter. It was bogging down all of sudden and would not shift gears it appeared. In the driveway, I floored it and it shut down. It started the next morning idling fine but still no power - would not get over 15 mph. Plugged in an OBDII and...

Fuel Injection problems [ 6 Answers ]

Can I spay starter spray into a fuel injected carb to get a vehicle started, like we used to do with the old 4 barrels?

94 Regal fuel injection problem [ 3 Answers ]

94 Buick Regal, 3.8. It will be the death of me I am sure. First off, I am an experienced, knowledgeable mechanic, been fixing cars for 30 years, so I will understand any input here. List of things I have replaced.. Cam sensor, crank sensor, fuel pump, (fuel pressure is good), ignition module,...

View more questions Search