Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ktrent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2014, 03:19 PM
    Oil leak when cold start on a 1996 ford f350 diesel
    When its cold and I start my 96 f350 turbo diesel it leaks oil does not leak when above 35 degrees
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2014, 03:25 PM
    The metal shrinks when cold, opens a gap and oil leaks out. Where is it leaking from? Filter? Valve cover?
    ktrent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2014, 02:07 PM
    Can't see where its coming from but it leaks down at the front drivers side of truck the colder it is the more it leaks when its really cold a quart or more 20 degrees or less

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford f350 diesel Engine will not start cold, smoke leaks from the engine, fuel gage [ 2 Answers ]

Three Problems: 1. Engine will not start cold 2. Smokes leak out from top of the engine near the spark plug/glow plug (front of the engine) 4. Front gas tank gas indicator only shows empty, even if it is full. I recently bought a 83 Ford F350 Diesel Truck (dually) It was hard to cold start,...

Ford F350 7.3 PS Turbo Diesel Cold Weather Starting Issues [ 14 Answers ]

I bought this wonderful 1995 Ford F350 Crew Cab 7.3 PS Diesel truck this summer and as of lately (now that the temps are dropping below 45) I am having one heck of a time starting it. In fact, temps were 26 degrees a couple of mornings ago and it took no-kidding nearly 20 minutes of fooling around...

F350 diesel won't start cold and after running shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hard time starting the truck and when it runs it shuts off after awhile.I waite about 5 min and it will start again The filter and inline pump have been changed

Low oil pressure warning light comes on 2006 f350 ford 6.0 diesel [ 2 Answers ]

My low oil pressure signal appears on the dash the gausge drops to 0 at idle but goes back up when I rev the engine. I turn the engine off for a minute and restart the low oil pressure signal is gone and every thing looks OK for about 8 days and it will appear again turn engine off and it goes away

Losing oil pressure on a 06 ford f350 6.0 l diesel [ 1 Answers ]

The check gauges light has been coming on in my 2006 Ford F350 superduty, I have the 6.0 powerstroke turbo diesel. Sitting idel it's bottomed out, when you start driving it comes back up then loses it again... whats going on and how can I fix this??

View more questions Search