Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    User992279 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Remove Musky Odors
    How do you remove musky odors from old furniture?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Can you safely air out the furniture? Can you get the furniture professionally cleaned?
    There are quite a websites on removing musty odors from furniture and other things. Here is the Google start page that lists them all:

musty odor+furniture - Google Search
    exring Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 06:54 AM
    There is a really new product on the market called OdorXit ClO2 that kills mold odors, spores and fungus. Its these little pouches of powder that when you make them a little wet they give off chlorine dioxide gas and it kills mold like crazy. It's not on the internet yet but I was talking to the guy at OdorXit and he told me about it and I bought some for a moldy basement I was working on. The stuff really worked. I still had to get rid of the water problem, but this little packet got rid of the mold. Call them at 1877-636-7948 and the guy there will help you too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Musky odors [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove musky odors from a clothes cupboard?

Musky,moldy smell in house [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a musky smell in kitchen, moldy smell in master bathroom that wifts through to my bedroom. I've had landlord come and inspect and have been told there is no leaks under house and opening behind bath tub appears to be dry. The smell seems to generate around tub enclosure in bathroom and...

Musky Smell from vents and water [ 12 Answers ]

We have a musky smell coming up through the heating vents. Also I have noticed that our ice cubes have been coming out with an odor, similar to the kind of odor and taste they get after sitting unused for a while. But this smell is with them right from the first day. I don't know if there is a...

Musky odor coming from heat vents [ 1 Answers ]

We installed a humidifier to our furnace in February. Could it be causing the musky odor that we periodically get from the vents? What is funny about it is that the smell is not there 24/7 and when it is present it comes more from one or two vents only. If that makes any sense.

Musky Smell In Bathroom [ 10 Answers ]

Lately I've been noticing a strange musky smell in my bathroom that seems to be coming from nowhere. This is a spare bathroom that isn't used much, but a few months ago I did some work where I replaced the toilet and used two wax gaskets to seal it. If there was a leak there, wouldn't it smell like...

View more questions Search