Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Manuel420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2013, 10:16 PM
    Why doesn't my 03 honda accord start in cold weather
    I changed the thermostat first and it seem like it was working fine in the summer. Now that it is winter the car is overheating, blowing cold air from the heater and spitting out antifreeze from the top of the radiator. I think I need a new water pump. Can anyone help I'm a rookie in this department.
    Manuel420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2013, 10:19 PM
    p.s. I forgot to mention that my car is not starting all together now
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 30, 2013, 11:52 PM
    Sounds like a head gasket problem.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2013, 05:43 AM
    Classic blown head gasket symptoms. Repairs will run around $3,000. The aluminum head likely warped, due to overheating sometime--it only takes once. It will need to be machined and the valves examined for damage. Good time to replace the timing belt, timing belt tensioner, water pump, and bearing in the AC tensioner pulley. In the future, change the coolant (50/50 mixture of the recommended antifreeze and distilled water) every 2 years. Read your Owner's Manual on how to drain and refill the cooling system. Follow the directions exactly, in order to prevent air from forming in the system. Failure to do this often results in blown head gaskets on Hondas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Accord 2003 not starting in cold weather [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Honda Accord 2.4. My car was recently serviced and the spark plugs were replaced and the battery was replaced. I started having problem with the car not starting on cool or cold days. I then returned to my mechanic and got the new battery replaced again. I'm still having the same...

89 honda accord cold weather starting problems? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2.0 L, manual trans. carbureted motor. In cold weather (-5 deg. C or less) it just turns over but won't fire. It's like it's not getting fuel. It has a new fuel filter, new cap and rotor, new plugs, and new air filter. Also on occasion (in cold weather) it would idle high (up to 3,00 rpm)...

1994 Honda Accord won't start in warm weather [ 1 Answers ]

Recntly now that the warmer weather is upon us my 1994 accord won't start in warm weather. The check engine light doesn't come on when this happens and it only seems to happen in the afternoon whenit's warm out.

95 honda accord doesn't start [ 6 Answers ]

I've read the postings on problems that various honda owners are having with their cars not wanting to start or stay running, also the parts about the main relay. My son hasn't been able to use his car all summer due to a similar problem, he has a 95 honda accord 4 cylinder, he drove it for 2...

96 honda accord won't start when cold [ 1 Answers ]

When my 96 honda accord sits outside overnight when it is below 40 degrees or so it won't start right away. I crank the key for a long time and it finally starts after a long time. The battery almost dies. The car runs great as soon as it starts. The battery is good and it is getting good...

View more questions Search