Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bjcouturier Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2013, 02:59 PM
    New battery in my 2006 Ford Taurus and now it will not go into gear
    I put a new battery in the 2006 Ford Taurus and now it will not go into gear? What can we do to fix this problem?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2013, 03:01 PM
    Check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.
    bjcouturier Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2013, 03:08 PM
    Yes, we have checked everything under the hood. The link cables are moving and working. All fuses have been checked and are fine. Everything was working great befour we changed the battery, but now we are having problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 ford taurus won't shift into gear [ 8 Answers ]

The car will not go into gear, the auto shift lever feels different and has no resistance. It is my nephews car and I have not seen it so I am using his info. Does the car have mechanical linkage to trany or is it electric? Is it possibly just an electrical problem or do we have a smoked...

Why doesn't my 1996 ford taurus shift into gear [ 1 Answers ]

Transmission not going in gear right away, when I first start the car it goes into gear fine, but when I make a short run cut of and go back to start the car it doesn't shift I have to give it a lot of throttle for it to jump in gear

Ford taurus transmission gear slipping [ 2 Answers ]

Recently had 1996 taurus trans. Overhauled. Gear still slips between 2nd and 3rd when warmed up but not cold. Mechanic said he only replaced the burned up clutches but nothing else.

My 98 ford taurus automatic transmission won't go into gear, what could be wrong? [ 1 Answers ]

I was driving my 98 taurus, and it just starting reving up. I coasted to the side of the road, and tried shifting the gears. But it does nothing, no reverse, 1st gear, drive or over drive. What could cause this?

View more questions Search