Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debra1952 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2013, 08:31 AM
    My electric central heat/cool unit blows constantly but will not blow any heat
    My electric central heat/cool unit blows constantly but will not blow heat to keep up with the thermostat temp.. what can I check or fix to correct this? Its 28 degrees outside and 39 degrees in my house.. help.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2013, 12:26 PM
    Check your breakers first... second call a heating repairman... because you really don't want your pipes to freeze... they will split... toilets will break when the water in the bowls and tank freezes. The repair costs for that will dwarf what the serive call will cost.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2013, 04:08 PM
    Many electric furnaces have manual reset high limit switches but unless you know what you are looking for, they can be difficult to find. You could also have a bad relay, burnt fuseable link(s), or any of a wide array of problems. With the temperature in the house at 39*, I too would suggest calling in a local professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Turning on heat blows fuse in central ac unit [ 0 Answers ]

When I turn on the heat on central ac 5 amp fuses blow

My heating unit blows cool air when I turn it on heat and will not heat the house [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I noticed a few days a go, the house was still cold even after the thermostat was turned up to about 75 degrees. Neither does the unit automatically turn off. We live in Texas so at any given day the temp may be 80 degrees today and 30 degrees the next day. As a matter of fact,...

Central heat&ac unit doesn't heat or cool the fan runs continuously [ 0 Answers ]

The ac runs off electricity the heat is gas. The ac worked until around the time it started getting cold. When I switched it over to gas heat it won't heat & the ac doesn't cool now either. Whether its set on auto, on or turned completely off the fan will run continuously I have to cut the power...

Why does my Central Air Unit (Goodman split unit) neither cool or heat my house? [ 6 Answers ]

It worked fine all summer until last few months. When I have it to cool it blows air but not cold air. Now that I want heat it blows cool air and not hot air. It took it 30 minutes to heat my 1000SF home from 64 degrees to 65 degrees. What could be the problem?

C&l unit,total elec. When heat is on.. at night blow cool air an does not heat home [ 1 Answers ]

I have been in my home now for 6mths and my unit is brand new. During the day unit heats my home but at night when the temp has dropped it blows cool air and does not heat the home. What is wrong with it? My air conditioner works fine... it's just the heat.

View more questions Search