Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmk1310 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2013, 08:01 AM
    Do I pay my bill if there is a wage garnishment
    I have a lender trying to collect money on an account that has a wage garnishment. Do I still have to pay them a monthly payment if they are garnishing my wages?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2013, 08:05 AM
    Normally the garnishment was because you not paying enough ? So should you be paying, yes, but there is nothing legally more they will do, beyond garnishment
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 30, 2013, 08:31 AM
    No, you don't need to making additional payments beyond the garnishment. But the sooner you pay the judgment balance the sooner the garnishment will be lifted.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 2, 2014, 12:51 PM
    If you are making monthly payments, that suggests that you have reached such an agreement with them, and such agreements normally are for making the monthly payments in lieu of garnishment or execution.

So you should contact the attorney for the judgment creditor and insist on knowing why they are garnishing your wages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wage garnishment or bank account garnishment? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Where do I start? I was looking up my name in my local county court records because I'm paying off a debt of 800 plus interest that I do NOT owe. I saw that a judgement was entered for 10x that amount for a voluntary repo on a lease vehicle back in August of 2002. Luckily, I was in the...

I have a wage garnishment out of my pay check for ambulance bill can they do this [ 8 Answers ]

I have a wage garnishment from SC levy against my paycheck for anmbulance bill, can my employer do this

How much is to pay wage garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

How much is to pay garnishment from $1500. I live in California

Wage Garnishment in GA. [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way to have wage garnisments stopped after it has been started?

View more questions Search