Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladybug4637 Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2013, 03:18 AM
    Keloid or Infection?
    I gotten both of my tragus' pierced 2 months ago. I cleanse my piercings with iodine-free sea salt and distill water twice daily. However, I've noticed that I have a small yet noticeable red bump forming on the front side of my right tragus. It doesn't hurt but it does itch like crazy! I've done research to see what ways to get rid of this red "fleshy-like" small bump. So, I decided to do a 5 to 10 minutes of warm saline solution soaking. I've discovered that there's a light green appearance of pus coming from that particular ear itself. Afterwards, I have medicated it with tea tree oil. Note: I primarily sleep on my right side more than I do my left side. Out of all my ear piercing experiences that I have not ever experienced this problem before. I haven't had a "keloid" problem with none of my piercings. So, I don't know if it's an infection or keloid forming. I am trying to act on it immediately before it becomes a bigger problem and concern. The original jewelry remains in, it's literally spacious, and haven't had a lot of swelling but minimum in the first week of having them pierced.

Please help me! What should I do about this?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2013, 08:37 AM
    Light green pus would signify infection. Time to see your doctor for some antibiotics.
    ladybug4637 Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2013, 11:42 PM
    I stop putting saline solution and tea tree oil on my right infected tragus piercing. But however, I started using a bacitracin ointment and a little bit of rubbing alcohol ((no burning sensation)) to disinfect it. I haven't seen any light green pus at all. But a tiny bit of yellow crust. Yes, I've also noticed that the fleshy-like bump isn't as inflamed and red as it was before I started the bacitracin ointment and rubbing alcohol treatment. Yet, the bump itself as went down a whole lot. So, most likely it was a infectious bump and not a keloid.
    12bob12 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2014, 10:01 PM
    Puss may suggest infection, try TCP instead of anyonther solution but if it continues to persist go to your gp :) good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Keloid [ 1 Answers ]

I've has my belly button peirced from september-december last year , there is still a keloid there its not big at all , I'm wondering if I use tea tree oil will it still work on my keloid after it's been there for several months ?

How can I tell if I'm getting a keloid [ 1 Answers ]

I got a piercing 3 weeks ago and I I've noticed a small bown mark close to my piercing.. is it a keloid?

How do I know if this is a keloid? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so in the ending of January I got my bellybutton pierced. I started to get really stressed and I guess I got a bump around the piercing. I left it in and tried cleaning it but nothing really worked. My parents do not know about my peircing so I didn't know who to go to. I ended up taking it...

View more questions Search