Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kennethbull10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2013, 02:06 PM
    What Does this mean?
    An hour ago an employer from At&t called me about receiving my submission to a job offering in my town. She initially said that based on the information on my resume that I was perfect for the job. She then proceeded to obtain some of my information. She then told me that she would contact me if the company was going to arrange an interview. A few minutes later I received this email, and I don't know what to think since I felt that I did everything like I was supposed to:

Our technology determined you had what we were looking for so your resume was forwarded to one of our recruiters. After reviewing the information you provided, the recruiter opted to move forward with other candidates for Bilingual English/Spanish (Preferred) Retail Sales Consultant.This could simply mean other candidates may have more experience.

While you are not being considered for this position, we’d really like you to keep applying at att.jobs.

What does this mean?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2013, 02:56 PM
    It means they found a bilingual person with better qualifications and they are not going to offer you the position for which you applied.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 27, 2013, 04:42 PM
    It's really self explanatory. What part are you having a hard time understanding?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2013, 04:44 PM
    I don't think you got the job.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2013, 09:08 PM
    It means that something you told them, did not match what they wanted.

Or they had better other people to chose from.

It means you did not get job
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 28, 2013, 01:21 AM
    She's a low level employee. She shouldn't be telling anyone that they are 'perfect for the job' based on a resume only, so she's either new and clueless, or they do that on purpose to keep you hoping while someone further up the department checks you out. Are you fluent in Spanish? If not, there's one big reason why you were rejected. As for keep trying, sure, at&t is a huge company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search