Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gopis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 01:55 AM
    Is my presence of mind is bad?
    Hi,

Problem with me is, I am not able deliver my valuable points when I am questioned by others or while in meeting or discussion and many occasions.But, I use to say myself "If i had told that or this point,It would have been really good".Is this because of my presence of mind is less?? Or something else... :p .
    If anyone let me know why am facing this problem... I will be grateful to them..?
    Is someone there to help me out?.

Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Take time and reflex on what you are going to say, many people are poor speakers, for various reasons.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Have you ever considered using the notecard trick? Taking the notecards and writing key words on them. It helps bring those points to your mind and you can refocus your thoughts, so you do not miss any of the points you wanted to make or present.

Part of your problem is self confidence and practice will make that better.
    BlakeCory Posts: 236, Reputation: 21

Apr 14, 2007, 11:40 AM
    If you're like me I'll think of something to say but will be unsure if it's good until it is to late. Once someone else says it then I kick myself for not saying something sooner. Then when I do blurt something out it's wrong and I get embarrassed. That's the reason I second guess myself.

Truth is making mistakes is a good way of learning. If you never try then you'll never learn. Always think about what your saying first, and if you're uncertain say it in a questioning tone of voice.
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49

Apr 14, 2007, 01:05 PM
    All down to self confidence, the more you do these things the easier they become.5 years ago when I started my job I had trouble speaking in front of 5 people,in fact when I opened my mouth nothing came out and I mean nothing I could not even utter my name. Last year I had to compare an event in front of 750, nervous yes but I did it!

I still struggle in front of my seniors as I question as to weather my knowledge is as good as theirs but this is getting better. Stick with it as I said the more you do it the easier it becomes.

If you are really struggling try some "rescue remedy" I do not know if it is available where you live but you could always order on line.
    Lez Posts: 73, Reputation: 7

Apr 14, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gopis
    Hi,

Problem with me is, I am not able deliver my valuable points when i am questioned by others or while in meeting or discussion and many occasions.But, I use to say myself "If i had told that or this point,It would have been really good".Is this because of my presence of mind is less??? or something else.....:p .
    If anyone let me know why am facing this problem....I will be grateful to them.....??
    Is someone there to help me out??...

Thanks
    Do you worry about what others have to say on your thoughts and way of thinking? A lot of people are proble thinking the same just that they have broke that barrier in worrying.
    Stuff what others think you have a right to put your thoughts and feeling across like anyone else start building your conferdence up and show them what you made of

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Improve presence of mind [ 10 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I want to improve my presence of mind or quickwittedness.Most of the times I don't find the reply instantly of any general talk and I have to stood silent and after sometime I realize that could be one of the answers.Is my mind blunt?

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Substantial Presence Test [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Experts, My situation: Citizen: Indian Arrived in the USA: Aug. 4th 2003-------F1 visa OPT from June 5th 2005 to May 25th 2006 Obtained my H-1B on May 25th 2006. Since I have been on H1B from May 25th 2006, don't I satisfy the SPT? I believe I have to be in the USA for >183 days. I...

Improve Presence of mind [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there... I am very happy to find such a website... and hope to get some possitive responses... My problems: I can not express to others properly whatever I know very well. I also don't have that much presence of mind... Help me to improve these qualities... I'll be greatfull to...

5 years of presence in US with F-1 [ 3 Answers ]

I am a bit confused about the 5 year rule, here is my situation: 2000 - I had a F-1 visa and I was in US for 21 days. This is the only time I used that F-1 visa 2001 - I got another F-1 visa for a different university and I stayed in US for 120 days. 2002 - 250 days with the F-1 visa from 2001...

View more questions Search