Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Apr 3, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Yes you are right. Wikipedia did show both sides of the story. But it's an encyclopedia; it has to show both sides of the story.
    Universal Truth Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 3, 2007, 03:22 PM
    The problem I have with most of these responses is a basic one. No one has a first person account, or actual quantifiable evidence to support their belief or claim. Today, I will purchase a Ouiji board, and tomorrow I will probably return it to the store because it won't do what it claims... contact spirits.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Do it at your own risk but remember it takes more then one person to work.

Joe
    paradoxlie Posts: 33, Reputation: 6

Apr 3, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Truth
    It's a Ouiji board! Have you ever noticed that it is sold in the board game aisle of toy stores?? They tell you not to use it alone because you need someone to push the thing around.

Paranormal activity has been related to everything but the paranormal. You can't hear things, and you can't see things. It sounds more like your family has a history of neurological concerns than a case of paranormal senses. I suggest you do what any good scientist would.... Test it. Ask it an evil question and then ask it a good question. It wouldn't hurt to have a witness either. The only way to find out is to do it yourself.

I'm an empirical learner. I don't believe in magic. I don't believe in ghosts. I believe in science, physics, biology, and math. Psychology is not a science, it's the lack of proper research and the formulation of an explanation. I think I'm going to go buy a board and do it myself.
    Yeah.. go for. Show us what science has to say if you become an unfortunate one. Hey, Look at what happened to David Banner... HA HA HA hahaha

Apr 3, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Hi All..Me Again. I have been considering this question all day, -because I have The Time-and have noticed that 'science' comes up a lot in questions such as this. Lets all...those of you who are intrested- reserach the fact that every day...more and more, scientists and the spiritual/religous entites, are having a hard time debating on a win basis. Science, and the theologies are beginning to accept that...hey, it seems that we are more related than we could ever have imagined. So, to those who want to cling to the if ya can't see it..taste it...feel it...PROVE IT....then it dosent exist, well, your not much of a scientist...or enthusiast at all.. Now.. what say you? eh?

Apr 3, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Truth
    The problem I have with most of these responses is a basic one. No one has a first person account, or actual quantifiable evidence to support their belief or claim. Today, I will purchase a Ouiji board, and tomorrow I will probably return it to the store because it won't do what it claims.... contact spirits.
    Sorry one more thought on your statement of you being an "empirical Learner'~~> A central concept in science and the scientific method is that all evidence must be empirical, or empirically based, that is, dependent on evidence or consequences that are observable by the 'senses'. It seems to me that many... many, have proved that... the senses part, the verdict is in. The ouji board, sold in the "toy" section in stores... is the real deal. Secondly... and I claim license here... Where else would the devil love to place his tools... where better? The devil is a genius, and he is fooling millions, even the... ummm... errrr... scientists... *snicker*:cool: Ok... enuff... Peace all...

Em·pir·i·cal (ĕm-pîr'ĭ-kəl)
    adj.

Relying on or derived from observation or experiment: empirical results that supported the hypothesis.
    Verifiable or provable by means of observation or experiment: empirical laws.
    nindzha Posts: 86, Reputation: 5

Apr 3, 2007, 04:16 PM
    LOL
    Paradoxlie, I love your enthusiasm on this matter but don't overeact.
    The devil has nothing to do with oujia borad found in the toy section of a store.
    Ouija is merely a resource that simplifies the connection to other realm.
    It is possible to achieve the same without using this sorth of thing.

To other I agree with you. Peace right back at you :)

Apr 3, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nindzha
    You may also add this:
    scroll down to this on wikipedia:
    Alleged Consequences of Usage

Look i am not saying that you are wrong, just it is a thing that in common sence you dont want to temp with.
    Oh My... I am amazed at the "science thing"... why do you not accept what millions of people have witnessed over the years... and y'all need to get off the "its a toy thing"... really... silly putty is a toy... read that history

PS.. my spell check isn't working anymore here... I get a box that says download.. yada yada... I did and I get nada nada... :D

Apr 3, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paradoxlie
    [F]Hi All..Me Again. I have been considering this question all day, -because I have The Time-and have noticed that 'science' comes up a lot in questions such as this. Lets all...those of you who are intrested- reserach the fact that every day...more and more, scientists and the spiritual/religous entites, are having a hard time debating on a win basis. Science, and the theologies are beginning to accept that...hey, it seems that we are more related than we could ever have imagined. So, to those who want to cling to the if ya can't see it..taste it...feel it...PROVE IT....then it dosent exist, well, your not much of a scientist...or enthusiast at all.. Now.. what say you? eh?
    If you cannot prove something, how can you say it exists? A statement with no evidence is worth nothing. The fact is, in the real world we demand proof!

By the way, even though silly putty was used for other purposes besides recreation, you aren't proving your point. We have proof silly putty was used on spaceships. Then again, maybe you are trying to make a different point.
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Much Of The Science That We Have Are Based On Theories. What Are Theories? Theories Are Hypothesis Of What They Think Is Or Was Happening Or What Is Behind A Certain Force. Guess What Scientists Have Been Wrong Many Times And Their Theories Are Just That Hypothetical Not Proven Fact.

Apr 3, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Yes, but theories have evidence to back them up.

Apr 3, 2007, 04:55 PM
    LOL
    Paradoxlie, i love your enthusiasm on this matter but dont overeact.
    The devil has nothing to do with oujia borad found in the toy section of a store.
    Ouija is merely a resource that simplifies the connection to other realm.
    It is possible to achive the same without using this sorth of thing.

To other i agree with you. Peace right back at ya :)
    I thank you for seeing the passion in me... however, I can not discount evil, when the results documented by the thousands indicate "evil"... It's a Baaaad TOY!! Regardless of where its found. Your not going to find it in Borders... or the Christian book store... where else than to place a tool to open a "realm"? Eh? OK.. im going to get really weird now... believe it or not... The 'Dressdon Files"... are a combo of fiction/non-fiction... believe it or not. The biggest road block to accepting the paranormal, and the realities within, is the fact that when asked... no one can reproduce the event on demand. Its really that simple
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2007, 04:55 PM
    If they had evidence it would not be a theory but a fact.

Apr 3, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    Yes, but theories have evidence to back them up.
    Theroies.. plural... and there's plenty of them... what have you missed here? :)

Apr 3, 2007, 04:58 PM
    If you cannot prove something, how can you say it exists? A statement with no evidence is worth nothing. The fact is, in the real world we demand proof!

By the way, even though silly putty was used for other purposes besides recreation, you aren't proving your point. We have proof silly putty was used on spaceships. Then again, maybe you are trying to make a different point.
    I was... and you missed it.

Apr 3, 2007, 05:07 PM

In The Real World... as you say... there are people that have witnessed... saw... and have expierienced... what can't be reproduced at will. It's the shallow minded, that seem to think that the can't see, can't touch ideology is all there is, and its sad. It basically calls all the people who "KNOW"... liars, and that... is very sad, but... its the person who knows... has seen... has felt... KNOWS!! and when the scientific community, in their brilliant... but oh so shallow thinking can't see through that thin Vail. AMEN

Apr 3, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by organizedcruelty
    if you can assure me that "the only spirits are holy ones", i'd like some evidence to back that up
    so... how about that girl next door? Hahaha... is that another topic matt? Haha

Apr 3, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    If they had evidence it would not be a theory but a fact.
    Yes, I worded my answer wrong. I'll give you an example. What killed the dinosaurs? No one can really tell for sure, 100% what happened. But scientists think it was a meteor. There's a crater, a scenario, an bones of extinct animals; all evidence. Yet it is uncertain what really happened.

Here is what wikipedia says about theory.

Here is an article from wikipedia about dinosaurs (scroll down to extinction).

Apr 3, 2007, 05:21 PM
    You may also add this:
    scroll down to this on wikipedia:
    Alleged Consequences of Usage

Look i am not saying that you are wrong, just it is a thing that in common sence you dont want to temp with.
    Wikipedia?. your not really using that as solid... are you.. :confused:

Apr 3, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Yes, I worded my answer wrong. I'll give you an example. What killed the dinosaurs? No one can really tell for sure, 100% what happened. But scientists think it was a meteor. There's a crater, a scenario, an bones of extinct animals; all evidence. Yet it is uncertain what really happened.

Here is what wikipedia says about theory.

Here is an article from wikipedia about dinosaurs (scroll down to extinction).
    The Pink Dinosaur Motel... That's about the best evidence of reliability from wikipedia that I found... Wikipedia, should only be used as MAYBE! A starting point.. but NEVER... EVER... valid information... still today, although there is change in the wind... even jesushelper76 could change that entry... hahahaha... HEY HELPER.. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm thinking about using a ouija board... [ 16 Answers ]

Me and my two friends did one two days ago but we didn't do it right and I looked it up on the website and I now know how to do it. I was just woundering what everyone would say about it though, as I have heard that they aren't always safe! I have tried talking out loud but that didn't work...

Does anyone have a ouija board story? [ 127 Answers ]

I have heard some pretty scary ouija board stories in my time. I want to know if anyone has heard of any?

How To Solve The Ouija Board Mystery [ 5 Answers ]

Want to join me in a Ouija Board discusion? Check out this page and let me know what you think - Ouija Board Blindfold Experiment The Straight Dope Mailbag: The Straight Dope Mailbag: How does a Ouija board work?

View more questions Search