Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bob rolle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2013, 05:05 PM
    My brother lives downstairs in my home his living quarters are infested with some sor
    What could it be that has infested my brothers living quarters downstairs in my home. There are microscopic sort of biting things that are on all of his furniture and in the carpet, and in all of his clothes. We have had exterminators here and they have bombed his apartment, but the things are still there. He has to vacuum every day, and wash his clothes daily, still they are there and they also bite. He has been to the dermatologist several times, but they are no help. This has been going on for five months and it is driving him insane. These things however are not upstairs in my living quarters, what could they be and how do we get rid of them. We are desperate now and need help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2013, 10:16 PM
    I do not want to say what is it, since without seeing them and knowing, it is hard to say. But some things like Mites may require couch and other items to be thrown out, the house sealed and fumigated.
    Not just bombed.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 22, 2013, 04:05 AM
    Your brother needs to collect some samples and have them identified, as they could be any of several different species. An easy method of collecting them is to catch them on transparent tape then tape them to a white unmarked paper or card. A teaching Hospital or a University Biology Dept. Entomology lab are good places to get an I.D.

If the exterminator didn't bother to identify what he was treating for, let me recommend finding another exterminator.

Once you know what you have, you're half the way to getting rid of it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 22, 2013, 09:16 AM
    IF you can't do as suggested, and catch some on tape and have them identified.

One tiny mite that is extremely difficult to get rid of is a bird mite.
    Has he ever had a bird, or brought home items, clothes, or furniture from someone who might have?
    Some people literally have to get rid of everything they own. Throw out what isn't absolutely necessary and put the rest in cold storage for several months, and have it fumigated under a tarp.

Edited to prioritize suggestions: Catsmine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My mom left her home to my sister and me but my brother is living in the home and he [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died and left her home to my sister and I but my brother lives in the house and pays the taxes who is th elegal owner of the house?

I own a 1/3 of a home from my mother and father one brother lives there two of us wa [ 3 Answers ]

I own a 1/3 in ahouse left to the 3 of us brothers one is living in it 2 of us want it sold . My mom had live in rights but is now under my care. Can the 2 of us force the other brother to sell without getting messy in courts

Restraining order on downstairs neighbor, lives with his brother, not resident really? [ 2 Answers ]

About 7 months ago a man moved downstairs in with his brother and sister and law. I was in a very bad relationship, I am a mother of a little girl, and the guy that I was with at the time was incessantly doing drugs, 'forgetting to help', drinking a lot etc all just not healthy stuff, behind my...

Horse trailer living quarters [ 5 Answers ]

I am doing the L\Q's in my trailer. After installing the insulation can I screw the panelling directly to the aluminum tubing or should I put a strip of wood over the tubing first? I heard without the wood stripping the condensation off the tubing will cause the panelling to rot. If that is the...

Rat Infested Rental Home [ 1 Answers ]

My son rented a home with a 6 month lease in April 2009. They were in the house all Of 5 days and went to put some boxes in the cellar and saw rats running around. He has 4 children and was upset at what he found. He called the landlord and asked that he Call an exterminator to handle the...

View more questions Search