Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hazmat84 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2013, 12:28 PM
    Radiator Issue.
    Simple Hot Water/Heat system. Thermostat not calling for 3 out of 4 radiators. Problem radiator is running constantly hot.

1. Hot Water Heat / Hot Water System.
    2. 4 radiators in each corner of the house.
    3. All pipes in basement hot to all radiators, but this one is constantly hot... others luke warm. Right now it is 50+ degrees in NY. Not calling.
    4.Thermostat is a White-Rodgers currently set at 50 degrees.
    5. Hot Water side is supply hot water to all the faucets (Kitchen and Bath).
    6.This is an oil System.

Thanks.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 21, 2013, 03:43 PM
    Let's start with the easiest first...

Have you bled air out of all the radiators to the point where water flows from the vents? If not, I would suggest bleeding the air and see if you can get heat to all 4 radiators.

Next, do you have a tankless coil (in the boiler) or a storage tank outside the boiler for hot water supply?

Back to you...

Mark

Dec 21, 2013, 07:00 PM
    Warm at50's in NY. Thermostat at 50 degrees and 3 are warm and that particular radiator is running wild. Could it be Sludge in that particular one? Hot Water is great and all pipes underneath in basement is hot supplying to all.

Dec 21, 2013, 07:02 PM
    This boiler supplies heat and hot water at the same time. The Stat is definately not calling, if so the other 3 would be hot also.

Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permanently removing a radiator; can I cap off flow and return feeds to radiator? [ 4 Answers ]

I am permanently removing a radiator and want to know if I can just cap off the flow and return feeds to the radiator or do I need to connect the two together to continue the flow of the system. I believe it's the last radiator in the system to warm up. There is just one 10mm microbore pipe...

Oil in radiator/ radiator is crack [ 3 Answers ]

My radiator has a crack on the side so we been putting in water but now it looks like there is some kind oil and gook in the radiator. Can any one try to help me with his problem

I have an issue with a not dripping,but a running tub faucet. How to fix this issue ? [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Joey ,I have a faucet for my tub that is running , not just dripping . It's a three handle set up which consists of Hot + Shower diverter valve + Cold. The assembly is made by Gerber from what I can see . How or what can be done to fix this issue , killing my water bill.. I really do not...

The fans on the radiator [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Mitsubishi expo on the radiator it has two fans neither one spin. My husband turned the car on the other day and left it on for a good whiles and still neither one kicked in. He also noticed a small crack above the radiator which probably busted when I was driving it. Does anyone know...

Radiator troubles. [ 10 Answers ]

Ok.. I bought a 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 v8 360 Magnum.. Ever since I've owned it, its been running at high temps.. Normal is 200 and over heating is 230. When Im driving at low speeds, it gets up to about 225, and at high speeds its normal. I had the Thermostat, and Fan clutch replaced, and it still...

View more questions Search