Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phoenix25 Posts: 203, Reputation: 5

Mar 31, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Publish book
    I am in the middle of writing a book and I am wondering:
    Is there a place where I can send it and they say if it is good enough to publish?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Any of the places that you pay for the publishing will tell you it is good enough.

The thing is that there is not one place to send it, what type of book, fiction, history, love story, religious, sci fi, each may have its own pubishing company that works more in that field.

Each has its own rules as to what you can submit and what format it has to be in
    cissy95628 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Are you in school? A teacher or professor would be a good place to start.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 01:50 PM
    You need to find a literary agent. You can find lists of them on the internet or in the library. Send a introduction letter asking if they are accepting manuscripts and tell them about yourself, your genre and your work.

I just went to a lecture by Diana Gabaldon last night and that is what she recommended.
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

May 29, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Go to a writer's conference. At most of them, for a fee you can submit the first 30 pages of a manuscript for professional evaluation. Check Writer's Digest, The Writer and other magazines like that in the library or bookstore. They usually have a list of upcoming conferences.

Also- join a writer's group or organization. Most of them have monthly workshops which can help you. Join a writer's critique group. You can get a feel by listening to the comments of other writers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good thesis statement with any book and another book or movie [ 2 Answers ]

Well do u have a good thesis stament for sny book and movie

Book publish [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know if I am in the right place for this question But I am in the middle of writing a story and so far I think it is good and want to know if it is good enough to get published and people to buy it but I don't know what to do. Can you please help

Name of this book... [ 1 Answers ]

I had a book read to me in school that I can't remember the name of. It was something about a duck falling in love with a human. I don't remember much of it except the duck cuts its webbed feet to be more human-like. Please help! Thanks.

View more questions Search