Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    audtuc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Refinishing barnboard
    I Have Some Barnboard I Want To Use. How Do I Finish It. Do I Sand It First? Then What"? I'm Pretty Much A First Time Novice At This, So Be Specific Please.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 03:25 AM
    The beauty of barnboard is its original appearance and I wouldn't refinish it, unless you want to sand the rough appearance a bit but then you will destroy the patina.

One thing I must suggest though, is before bringing it into your home it should be de-bugged and I think you can get a solution or spray at the hardware store.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refinishing a bathtub, has anyone had it done? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Will be moving into a house soon and the bathtub looks old and discolored. I've been looking at different solutions and one of the more economical options is to have the bathtub refinished. Has anyone had this done and if so, was it worth it? The other options are replacing the bath...

Stains on Barnboard panelling [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone had to try & remove staining to Barnboard panelling caused by water. I had a leak in my foundation, water leaked on the floor & the bottom of my panelling has been stained. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks, Smoe:):):)

Refinishing corian [ 1 Answers ]

How can I re fininsh my corian counter tps. I heard sanding with 400 grit left marks should I start with a finer grit . Thanks

Refinishing floor [ 1 Answers ]

I have done this before in a other house we used to own. I rented the drum sander the edger the large buffer etc took a few days but wasn't that hard. The other floor was in fair shape and just had a carpet pad stapled on. The "new old house" has maple floors but when I pulled up the carpet on...

View more questions Search