Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kclatworthy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2013, 11:17 AM
    Ghost attacks while sleeping
    I was sleeping and I woke up because I felt all this weight on top of me. I couldn't move. It felt like my hands were bound together, and no matter how hard I tried to pull them apart I couldn't. Then all of the sudden the feeling was gone. I was freaking out! I'm not sure if I was just attacked by a demon/ghost, or if it's something else more common other than the paranormal.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Dec 19, 2013, 11:39 AM
    That's happened to me before. Have you heard of the 'Sleeping Hag'? This is interesting info:
    Old Hag Syndrome: All About the Old Hag Syndrome
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 19, 2013, 11:46 AM
    Oh. Pullleese! Old hag syndrome. And info to match. Don't think so. A bad dream and the effect of being held down is symptomatic.

In all my time being on paranormal boards, this had to be the silliest.
    Movie Expert

Dec 19, 2013, 11:48 AM
    Tickle! If you read the whole thing - at the bottom there's a link to this: (which by the way I find extremely plausible... )
    Old Hag Syndrome: All About the Old Hag Syndrome

*edit* by 'extremely plausible' I mean what is actually going on...

Dec 19, 2013, 11:52 AM
    Yes you're on the right track! But this article says there's nothing to be done about the old hag's control over her victim. I really am afraid to go to sleep and I keep replaying the incident over and over in my head.
    Movie Expert

Dec 19, 2013, 11:55 AM
    Kclatworthy - read the whole thing...

Dec 19, 2013, 11:55 AM
    So I'm confused. Is someone messing with me or am I doing it to myself one article says that it's this old hag. Then the other says that I'm basically doing it to myself. So which one is it?

Dec 19, 2013, 11:57 AM
    Thank you for your help. I did read the whole thing. I guess I'm just not sure what I believe happened last night.
    Movie Expert

Dec 19, 2013, 12:07 PM
    No - what the second article is saying is that what is perceived as something sinister and demonic has been identified by the scientific community as sleep paralysis. It has happened to me - quite a few times, the first time when I was a teenager, it scared the crap out of me. It happened a few times in my late teens/early twenties, when I was studying psychology, and when I was listening to a lecture on the mystery of sleep - this scenario was brought up, and I was like, ahha! That's what was going on. It has happened a handful of times to me as an adult, and when I am fully awake, I know its just a very vivid, sureal half in, half out dream.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 19, 2013, 01:04 PM
    Sleep paralysis has also caused people to believe there is an entity in the bedroom with them, and they are so paralyzed by fear that they are frozen, unable to move and if they do see what it is, it will be the end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghost attack while sleeping [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I was sleeping last night, on my back facing upwards. I was in deep sleep, suddenly I feel that somebody started to move on me, I can feel it, I tried opening my eyes, I couldn't, I even harder, left eye moved a bit, I could see light and it closed, I couldn't move any body parts, and I feel...

Sleeping problems, not sleeping, insomnia [ 9 Answers ]

Hi this is the first time Ive ever been on this site seems to be very helpful. My boyfriend has been taking prescription ambien for about 7 months and his new doctor took him off that and gave him other sleeping medications but he does not sleep at all now. Maybe one or two hours a night and...

Ghost movies from late 80s early 90s about a girl who sees her boyfriend ghost who di [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a movie about a girl whose boyfriend died in a plane crash and she starts seen his ghost, then she has somekind of accident and goes into a comma and then her spirit meets with her boyfriends spirit and the hospital where she is and she can she her body lying on the bed. At the end of the...

Restless sleeping/breaking the habit of sleeping on the bed [ 2 Answers ]

Our little shih tzu (8 months old) started well, but more recently has taken to sleeping under or on our bed. We took the path of least resistance and let him get away with it, but his constant licking, nibbling, flicking his ears around and general sleep noise is driving us nuts. Any tips for...

View more questions Search